2.

Ethan's POV:

The scorching sun beats down on us as we crawl along the crowded highway, the oppressive heat seeping into the car despite the air conditioning struggling to keep us cool. Gripping the steering wheel tightly, I try to maintain my composure, but frustration bubbles beneath the surface as we make our way towards the beach resort.
James lounges lazily in the passenger seat beside me, his relaxed demeanor a stark contrast to my mounting irritation. I shoot him a sideways glance, my annoyance growing with each passing mile.

"Can you believe this traffic?" Ryan grumbles from the backseat, his irritation palpable. "We'll be lucky if we ever make it to the resort."
I bite back a sharp retort, choosing instead to focus on the road ahead. The last thing we need is to start bickering before we even arrive at our destination.
In the backseat, Lily and Sophie chatter excitedly, their laughter and conversation only adding to my growing frustration. I try to tune out their voices, but their enthusiasm is infectious, and I can't help but feel a bit of jealousy at their carefree demeanor.
As we approach a particularly congested stretch of highway, James clears his throat, drawing everyone's attention to the front of the car.

"I have something to tell you all," he announces, his tone serious yet tinged with excitement.
I feel a sense of dread settle over me at his words, a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Whatever he has to say can't be good news.
"What is it, James?" Lily asks, her voice tinged with curiosity.
James hesitates for a moment before speaking. "I invited Olivia on the trip," he confesses, his gaze flickering to meet mine in the rearview mirror.

My heart sinks at his revelation, a surge of frustration and anger rising within me. The last thing I need is for my sister to intrude on our vacation, especially when I had been looking forward to some time away from family obligations.

"Are you serious?" I blurt out, unable to contain my disbelief. "You invited Olivia without even consulting me first?"
James shifts uncomfortably in his seat, his expression sheepish. "I thought it would be nice for her to join us," he mumbles, his tone defensive.

I clench my fists, struggling to keep my temper in check. The last thing I need is for Olivia to ruin our vacation with her presence, but it seems that my objections have fallen on deaf ears.

Lily's eyes widen in surprise, her gaze flickering between James and me as she processes the news. "Olivia? As in, your sister Olivia?" she asks, her voice tinged with disbelief.

James nods, his expression sheepish. "Yeah, that's the one."

Sophie's face lights up at the mention of Olivia, her excitement palpable. "I think it'll be great to have her with us! The more, the merrier, right?"

I bite back a retort, struggling to swallow my frustration as the reality of our situation sinks in. It seems that my objections have been overruled, and as we continue to the resort, I can't shake the sinking feeling that this trip is going to be a disaster.

As we pull into the parking lot of the resort, a wave of relief washes over me. Despite the tension in the car, the sight of the palm trees swaying gently in the breeze and the sound of the ocean crashing against the shore fills me with a sense of calm.
James jumps out of the car first, eager to stretch his legs after the long drive. I follow suit, popping the trunk open and grabbing my suitcase.
"Let's get checked in and settled into the house," James suggests, his voice filled with enthusiasm as he slings his duffel bag over his shoulder.

Lily and Sophie eagerly agree as they gather their belongings from the car. Ryan offers to help carry some of the heavier bags, his eagerness to get to the beach evident in the way he practically bounces on his feet.

James shoots me a sympathetic look, knowing how much I hate lugging around heavy bags. "Need a hand with that?" he offers, gesturing towards my suitcase.

I shake my head, determined to prove that I can handle it on my own. "I've got it," I reply, trying to ignore the strain in my muscles as I hoist the suitcase onto my shoulder.
We make our way into the lobby of the resort, the air-conditioned interior a welcome relief from the sweltering heat outside. The receptionist greets us with a warm smile, her cheerful demeanor putting me slightly more at ease.

After a quick and painless check-in process, we collect our keys and make our way to the house. Lily and Sophie chatter excitedly about which room has the best view of the ocean, their enthusiasm infectious walk.

The beach house is a sight. It's nestled between palm trees with a stunning view. Despite the unexpected addition of Olivia to our group, I can't deny that I'm looking forward to spending some time relaxing by the beach.
The room is spacious and airy, with large
windows that offer a stunning view of the ocean. I drop my suitcase on the floor with a sigh of relief, grateful to finally be rid of its weight.
Lily and Sophie immediately rush to explore the bedrooms, their laughter echoing through the house as they claim their spots. Ryan heads straight for the kitchen, eager to scope out the complimentary snacks.

I follow James into the living room, where we sink into the plush couches and take in the breathtaking view of the ocean.