XV. MISTY EYES AND CLOUDY THOUGHTS

TW: THIS IS NOT PROOFREAD

★✮★

𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 and exhausting day of training, y/n managed to push through and get home. his skin coated in a thin layer of sweat. maybe soccer isn't the way to go...

well, he knew damn well that he wasn't going to give up on his dream. that's for sure. the day he gets to crush itoshi sae, is the day he'll gain a lost friendship.

he wondered how long it would take until he got scouted by some national team. he hoped it would be a team like..manshine city. yeah, he'll settle on that.

"mom? I'm home!" the male's voice echoed though the hallways of his home.

"honey? you're home? oh finally! there was a letter for you in the mail~" his mom sounded strangely odd today, but whatever. it wasn't as if she wasn't like this half of the time.

"huh? a letter?" he swore noone had a crush on him at school.

"did you open it?" his tone held a hint of suspicion and slight nervousness. he was worried that his mom would've teased him to no end if it was a love letter.

"huh? no not yet, but it seems important"

y/n blinked; once then twice. was it sae? he felt like his heart was gonna jump out of his chest.

when his mom pointed to where the letter was placed, the kitchen counter, he sprinted to the kitchen and observed that the letter. It was sure to be a professional letter. from the pristine white envelope. touching it would send shivers done anyone's spine.

the boy sighed as he observed the envelope a little disappointed that it wasn't who he thought it was, but he rarely received any mail so I guess it was worth reading.

"what're you just doing staring at it? read it."

oh yeah. he forgot to do that. first, he decided to look who had sent him this.

his eyes widened the moment he had read the name. 'BASTARD MUNCHEN'. he felt like his jaw was on the floor. cause, what the fuck? why would the bastard munchen. one of the best teams german leagues, reach out to him?

he snapped out of his moment of shock and carefully opened the letter. he made sure to keep in infact so he could reuse the envelope.

once he got the paper out, he began to read.

'L/N, Y/N
BASTARD MUNCHEN

CONGRATULATIONS L/N, you have been picked out by Noel Noa to try out for Bastard Munchen on (**-**-**). Please go to (_____) for try outs . Thank you for reading.'

he was still reliving his shock and he just needed to calm down for just a moment.

"honey? are you done reading?" his mom's voice manages to snap him out of his reverie and he nodded in his mom's direction.

"mhm. It's a try out for a team in germany."

"what?" her eyes widened, however she seemed to have predicted this with how she quickly got over it. his mother's tone was still shocked nonetheless, yet somewhat proud. I mean, considering the fact that her son got picked out by one of the best national teams in the world; who wouldn't?

"that's nice, isn't it..? I think you're capable to go overseas by yourself, no?"

the thought of ever going overseas without some kind guidance felt frightening, not because he may possible get hurt, but for his family not being able to see his progress with their own eyes.

all this relied on his decision though. if he decided against on going then that was his choice. I mean, he wanted to go to germany, but he can't help but feel restricted to stay in japan.

"I.. I'll think about this offer." he responded with a somewhat calm tone, but despite his greatest efforts, his mother saw right through him. she didn't pry though. his mom already knew he preferred to deal with his concerns alone as much as possible.

"I'll go to my room."

"alright. I'll call you when dinner is ready"

he gave a sound to indicate he heard and trotted up to his room.

★✮★

honestly, all he needed was a long sleep. so much pressure were placed on his shoulders, from sae's leaving, to exhasting soccer trainings, school, and now he was given an invite to try out in another country..?

maybe he just needed a long rest. maybe the comfort of being in sae's arms, just like before would have been better. if he didn't leave, then he wouldn't have to deal with these unnerving emotions. it rocked his boat way too much.

'just want to..sleep in his arms..' and so, he began to get drowsy in the comfort of his bed surrounded by pillows, rather then the warmth of his best friend.

★✮★

he was awoken by his mom's..rather loud call to eat dinner. y/n rubbed his eyes as he forced himself to get out of the state of drowsiness.

he got up and sluggishly went downstairs. smelling the food, he walked quite faster than he normally would. 'oh. is that pork cutlet?'

"hm..is smells good."

"really? thats good! I made this recipe myself."

y/n couldn't help but let a small smile break through his somewhat stoic facade.

★✮★

he spent the night bonding with his mom. it was a nice change of pace considering the situation he was in the last weeks.

with doing his mom's skin care, watching a movie, and playing games. he had a great time with his mom. he usually never had the time to spend time with his family, and he felt warmth all throughout the time with his mom.

"hm..the face mask 's slipping.."

"thats why you have to put this on.." his mom didn't bother explaining what she put on his face, but whatever. it prevented the face mask from slipping though, so that helped.

"okay, so you squeeze out all the excess product in the bag and just put it on your neck, legs, or on the face mask."

"..'kay."

★✮★

"hey..honey, you should go to sleep now. It's 12:00 already."

the boy whined as he grumbled, he didn't want this bonding time to be over, but he didn't wanna seem like a brat so he reluctantly went up to his room.

EXTRA / ADDITIONAL TIME:

"rin."

"yeah?"

"why do you have long eyelashes." the h/c male was secretly jealous of the lucky genetics passed down from sae to rin. he wanted pretty eyelashes too. though, he had ones the girls would gawk at, he wanted the itoshi brothers under eye-lashes.

"I..uh. I don't know. ask my parents." rin was supposedly in a good mood that day and didn't bother to add a snarky comment of every word he uttered.

"..whatever." minutes later, the e/c male was seen sulking not too far away from rin. he didn't want to lose him after all.