The End of the World

"Right then, Rose Tyler, you're the human here. You tell me. Where do you want to go? Backwards or forwards in time. It's your choice. What's it going to be?" the Doctor asked as he strolled around the TARDIS console, partly self-conscious about how Adalyn thought the interior his TARDIS decided for him, looked like.

"Why does she get to choose?" all the companions asked as most of them didn't get to choose first.

"Because his recently found mate was on board and is good friends with the new companion and it had been a while since he had a new companion?" Adalyn replied as if it were a sarcastic question.

Rose thought for a second, this was supposed to be their first trip, and briefly thought about how she didn't quite know how old Adalyn was, "Forwards," she said, going with the safe answer. She wanted Adalyn to experience something new.

Both Martha and Donna realized that it would've been better to go to the future first since they didn't know Adalyn was much older than she looked. Martha knew Adalyn looked amazed when they met Shakespeare, but walked liked she was use to the environment in a way. Donna, on the other hand, was surprised that Adalyn had a lack of response to Pompeii other than wanting to leave. That was when Donna found out Adalyn was at least in her two hundreds and three hundreds and already knew the dangers of being in Pompeii when they were.

"How far?" the Doctor asked.

"One hundred years," Rose said.

"Bit boring," Adalyn commented bluntly as the Doctor had excitedly ran around the console, momentarily pausing and his expression dropping at the answer, "Of an answer, continue Handsome, you were being adorable," Adalyn added, taking a sip of the iced coffee she brought when she drove her bike onto the TARDIS. Somehow it hadn't melted.

"I still wanna know how," Graham muttered. The woman always had iced coffee that didn't melt. Others had a small smile already witnessing the bluntness of the Ghost Rider and the Doctor's response as they see the youngest version's face turning red on the screen.

Adalyn was sipping coffee as she tilted her head and observed the youngest Doctor. Nine had noticed and a faint bit of red appeared on his face. Arden shook her head, some things never change between her parents.

"There you go, Rose. Step outside those doors, it's the 22nd century," the Doctor spoke, after he had run around, his face now lightening from the blush that had been on his face. Making him blush is now Adalyn's favorite pass time.

"But I do have to agree that it is a bit boring," the Doctor finally admitted. At first he had wanted to show off, but Adalyn was right. A hundred years into the future would be interesting for a human, but boring to the two non-humans.

Rose shrugged in agreement, she hadn't thought of that bit. She knew she wanted the future so it would be new to Adalyn too, but she didn't think a hundred years might've been a bit boring to the two non-humans much older than her.

"What about ten thousand?" Rose asked with a raised eyebrow. She saw Adalyn start to look interested in her choice. Carter, the oldest Ghost Rider, wasn't even that old, Rose knew that.

"I'm not that old," Carter grumbled.

"You're ancient," his adopted sons, grandchildren and great grandchild replied.

"You're as old as Rory," Adalyn pointed out.

Rory's eyes widened, "I'm older than the Doctor?" he asked in surprise.