CH 18: Emperor this plaything

Coming out of the osmanthus forest, after walking for a while, Shen Moyun heard Hong Xi say, "Master, a little further ahead is the Zhaoming Palace."

Shen Moyun slightly frowned and said, "In that case, let's head back first." She had no interest in going to the Zhaoming Palace to have a heart to heart talk with the empress or pry into anything; it was too tiresome.

"Yes... Master, it's His Majesty," As soon as Hong Xi turned around, she saw a bright yellow figure walking ahead and quickly pulled on Shen Moyun's sleeve to remind her in a low voice.

Shen Moyun also noticed and walked a few steps forward. She knelt down and greeted, "This concubine pays respects to His Majesty."

Yuwen Xī walked over with a gloomy expression in his eyes, seemingly in a bad mood. However, he still helped Shen Moyun up with a gentle tone, "Beloved Consort, rise. Why are you here?"

Shen Moyun lowered her head respectfully and said, "Seeing that there was nothing to do today, I came to the Imperial Garden to relax. Unexpectedly, I was momentarily lost in thought and walked outside Her Majesty's Zhaoming Palace. I ask for Your Majesty's forgiveness." Given the Emperor's current mood, it was better to be cautious, first ask for forgiveness, and then explain.

Yuwen Xi said indifferently, "Oh, Consort Shu has always been thoughtful and knowledgeable. Unexpectedly, she can also be absent minded. What is it? Let Zhen also hear about it."

  Be sure not to take the Emperor's casual words as sincere ones; if you really said it, you'll be in trouble. Shen Moyun revealed a slightly embarrassed smile and whispered, "Actually, it's nothing. It's just that I passed by the osmanthus forest and remembered the crystal osmanthus cake I used to have at this time of year, so I was a bit absent-minded."

Hearing this, Yuwen Xī looked at the few golden flowers fallen in her hair, and his expression improved a bit. He spoke in the same gentle tone as before, "Jiang Xi, Zhen remember, the crystal osmanthus cake was also served at this time of year in previous years."

"Replying to Your Majesty, the osmanthus forest only bloomed a few days ago. It is expected that the Imperial Kitchen will present the crystal osmanthus cakes to the palace masters in the coming days," Jiang Xi replied cautiously.

"Good." Yuwen Xī nodded and continued, "Since beloved consort likes it, in the future, whenever the Imperial Kitchen makes this dessert, send a portion to ChangLe Palace."

"This servant obeys the order," Jiang Xi bowed respectfully.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Blushing, Shen Moyun curtsied to the Emperor, seemingly surprised by his words.

"Zhen still has documents to review and will return to Liangyi Hall for now. We'll go flower viewing together another day," Yuwen Xī said, patting Shen Moyun's smooth, jade-like hand and leaving this promise that should not be taken as a promise before leaving with his attendants.

  "Farewell Your Majesty!" Shen Moyun knelt down according to the etiquette until the Emperor was completely out of sight. Only then did she breathe a sigh of relief, feeling somewhat fatigued. She said to Hong Xi, "Help me up." Fortunately, everything went smoothly. If there had been anything in her words that displeased the Emperor just now, she might be under house arrest by now.

"Be careful, Master!" Hong xi carefully helped Shen Moyun up and helped her smooth out the wrinkles caused by the courtesy, Hong Xi whispered, "Yu Tao, by the Empress's side, is watching us."

Shen Moyun was taken aback for a moment, then said, "Ignore her, pretend you didn't notice. Let's go."

Hong Xi immediately stopped talking and only helped Shen Moyun leave this place.