I

o, the great morningstar,
a tale as old as time.

a legendary prophecy passed down from generations upon generations.
scrawled on the walls of caves, ancient glyphs and pictographs depicting the great ultimatum - a savior that rises above and beyond, risking everything to save everything.

our great world was split in two, a catastrophic disaster. the end of the world. despair racked our colossal globe. desperate, the people were, hoping and praying for a miracle. a grant from the gods above.
perhaps it was a blessing. perhaps it was a angel borne guardian that descended from the wide skies to rid us of the great tempest that ravaged the planet. or just maybe it was a nobody man, turned immortal in the eyes of those who witnessed him in action. his immense bravery, valor in seemingly impossible circumstances.

the great morningstar,
jesse.

mortal, yet acclaimed far and wide as a heroic warrior that beat all odds.
everywhere he touched, tremendous tales of his battles spread among the denizens.

"that jesse - he's a hero..."

"i heard he took down a hoard of monsters to save a single person..."

"jesse saved me, i owe him everything..."

"did you hear? jesse is going to save us..."

"he's gonna end this..."

"jesse..."

"jesse..."

"jesse..."

in a time where all seemed hopeless, he was the light. the spark of a match in a cold, dark and barren room. a ray of light breaching through the impenetrable ashy black clouds of the storm. in a time of such calamity, he was the patron saint, savior from the apocalypse.

and once all was said and done, he helped rebuild our world from the bottom, carefully stitching back together the pieces of our shattered society.

the neogenesis. the great rebirth of the world as we know it.

and thus, the prophecy was fulfilled.
jesse, the morningstar, the mighty warrior, will go down in history akin to the likes of the original order of the stone. and before that, the ancient builders. and even before that, the admins.

but like every legend, the older they grow, the more they seem to fade into obscurity and fantasy. stories become twisted and the line between fact and fiction distorts. and one day, they will be nothing more than a myth. a bedtime story told by loving mothers to their curious and intrigued children. their ears keenly focused on absorbing every detail as their mothers weave a magical tale about mighty foes and how the hero inevitably takes them down.

they say you die twice. "once when you stop breathing, and another when someone mentions your name for the last time", as the quote goes.

"the legacy of a grand hero is something that won't be forgotten, as long as there is someone to remember it. to speak their name into the minds of those who wish to preserve it."

"and one year ago, jesse left us once and for all. taken back into the arms of the angels that sent him."

"on this day, the 5th annual anniversary of our city's founding, we not only celebrate the coming together of beacon town, but we also gather to commemorate jesse. a man, a friend, a hero, and ultimately, a legend." lukas concluded, taking a step back from the podium as cheers radiated in the town center.

behind him stood the newly built memorial, a statue made in the likeness of the morningstar. right next to rueben's, his best friend. even in death they are still side by side it seems.

"fate has a funny way of handling things, wouldn't you agree?" agnes mumbled her thoughts to the woman beside her.