Entry #1

Diary Entries of Ode

This is a special series of the book, exclusively reserved for occasions of the readers. Wherein, each special date for each reader will receive an entry from Odele's diaries.

And as such, today is the birthday of one of our readers and this entry is dedicated to her.

Happy Reading and a very happy birthday too, @EnolaLusy.

Entry #1 : "Night after the visit to Diagon Alley"

Date: 30.03.1991

Dear Diary, 

I am sorry I got a bit late to get to this tonight, but I have so many fun things to tell you! 

In the morning, dad burnt the eggs that mum asked him to watch over while she answered the telephone from my maternal grandparents; which he of course had to apologise and convince mum a lot for. And I could only giggle when Mum whacked brother's head for being late to breakfast. It's no wonder he gets up late when he spends all night listening to that stupidly blaring metal music. I have no opposition against it and even quite like the genre, but I would prefer not to hear the growl of the singer accompanied with power chords being strummed down at 2 in the morning during my dear sleep!

But one can only hope, isn't it? Dearest Brother, I hope you read this sometime. Or not.

Anyways, then came the afternoon and I accompanied dad to visit the Gringotts Bank in the Diagon Alley, although he and I might have gotten sidetracked and bought for me a beautiful barn owl to whom I now call upon fondly as Merlin. I always thought that there was more to this person than his name being used for slang, but nonetheless it's a pretty name, at least I think so. 

It's forbidden but we did the 'thingy', we apparted to London! Though Dad says we shouldn't use magic outside the grounds of Hogwarts, it was needed otherwise we'd have taken more than half a day to reach London, and that would mean that Dad and I would've had to stay back in one of those tiny spaced rooms in the things called as Lodges for the night and I don't particularly like those.

And guess who we heard of in the Diagon Alley, Gilderoy Lockheart! Not that he's good looking, in fact he's quite flashy and boasty but I do find his books and way of writing different from the usually formal language used in other books for charms and spells. Apparently, he's launching another new book, now that I can care less.

Moving on, I met Mr. Weasley who works in the Ministry of Magic in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office outside the bank. Dad introduced me to him and he chortled, looking at me, "I have a son your age, little one." I feel like he's a nice person so I politely gave him a smile and went back to hide behind my dad's cloak. That was enough of social interaction for me, and I felt so drained that I asked Dad when we'd go back. To which he simply ruffled my hair and led us inside the bank.

I glanced around at the dwarfs in the bank, they look quite scary with their grumpy faces and long nails, but they seem to work diligently, so who am I to say anything? Then Dad and I went in for 'further business' as dad likes to say and when we'd return, we bought some treats like Bertie Bott's every flavour beans (I like the candied apple flavour one, quite normal but it's delectable in it's own way), some chocolate frogs (a classic one, but Mum says I can't eat more than one a day or my teeth would rot!) and of course, we'd bring Merlin!

We returned in the evening when mum was knitting for dad a muffler, having forgiven him for the silly mishap of the morning. But seeing mum knit the sweater by the fire, was a beautiful sight and it was even better when dad kissed her cheeks as she was doing so. They surely love each other and I hope nothing will ever separate them... And I want someone like that too, someone I can be myself, fight with, and love with.

It's getting late and I will end this entry with a quote like usual, but this one's a snippet from the 'Secrets of heart' by Khalil Gibran, an old copy that Mum keeps in her closet and lent me to read only after much pleading and even throwing an embarrassing tantrum. But the book's worth the ugly memory.

"Beauty is that which attracts the soul, and that

which loves to give and not to receive.

When you meet Beauty, you feel that the

hands deep within your inner self are stretched

forth to bring it into the domain of your heart."

Good night, and I hope the yellow dragon that keeps popping in my dreams occasionally, finds what he's searching for and stops crying. He's too pretty to cry, or she for that matter of fact.

Happy Birthday, N. 

This was just a special update, and holds tiny details to the story. It's alright if you don't read it, the story will continue from where it was left at and will update as usual on the upcoming Wednesday. 

Thank you.

Stay tuned, and happy reading!