II: A Good Beginning Makes a Good Ending

"Holly?! Holly! Are you there?!"

The redhead sprang up. Half of her face was muddy, cold, and wet; together with her uniform.

Holly took in her new environment: tall trees with spindly branches, waving at her from above. The dull green leaves covered the sky that made it impossible for Holly to decide if it was morning or not. Either way, they had to get out of there.

A sudden cold breeze came behind Holly. Goosebumps crept up her skin. She was grateful it at least didn't carry an eerie howl.

As the redhead calmed herself, a hand gripped her shoulder; causing a loud yelp, Holly quickly grabbed and twisted the stranger's wrist.

"Holy shit! It's me!"

It was no stranger after all.

It was Mako, squealing from Holly's tight grip.

"Why didn't you call out?!" Holly let go of Mako's wrist. Her eyebrows furrowed, both hands on her waist. Not of anger but of shock.

"I did! Then I saw you stand up." The brunet shook his wrist with utter melodrama. "I thought you saw me already," Mako murmured with a sneer, putting his hands in his pants' pockets.

There was a moment of silence as they cooled down.

"I've never been in a forest before." Mako spoke all of a sudden. "Don't like it. A bunch of bugs," he continued. His eyes scanned the tree canopy while rocking back and forth. 

The brunet wondered what time it was as he looked up to find bugs flying around. To him, it felt like an early morning before rainfall. But it doesn't matter, they shouldn't be here.

"Well, we're here already," Holly replied flatly.
"Do we intend on staying?" Mako raised an eyebrow. His voice sardonic as ever.

Holly didn't mind. Instead thinking of the next step. 

"Let's go south."

The brunet nodded, "Hm, yeah. The creepy wind came from behind."

The two began there walk southward. (Or more accurately: Holly walked while Mako tiptoed, visibly disgusted by the mud.)

"Do you think we got kidnapped?" the brunet broke the silence once more.