#7 I can't let you go

His face slowly turned red when he realized what he just said he bit his lower lip and quickly turned his attention at the window, the orange and pink clouds earlier is now turned into dark grey it seemed like it would rain any minute. Lewis cursed at himself as he shut his eyes what the hell was on his mind and he had to say that? he took a deep breath and turned back his attention to Simone, she was shaking in annoyance while staring at him evilly, she wanted to strangle the man in front of her until he was completely suffocated and collapsed on the cold floor.

"I'm sorry-I don-"

Simone hurriedly took her bag and left the classroom, the five men dress in black suit were stunned when they saw her followed by Lewis, he shook his head to signal them not to follow him. The two were greeted by a strong cold wind when they finally got out of the school her eyes wandered at the dark grey sky she walked even faster ignoring Lewis who keep calling her.

"look i'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that" she took a quick glance at him and rolled her eyes "come on forgive me Simone, let me give you a ride!" he yelled some of the people walking on the street stared at them Simone shook her head in annoyance "please Simone!"

is he really need to embarrass me? Cold raindrops fell on her face she look back and saw Lewis still chasing her "I told you to forget what happened between us!" she yelled back at him

"w-what? I didn't hear you" he chased her and walk beside her, he is already panting he took a deep breath to catch his breath

A smile plastered on his face as he watched her sideing him, a chuckled escape on his mouth causing Simone to stopped and face him "nothing is funny" she spat "you are stressing me out don't you think of that!?" the smile on his face slowly fades away.

People ran when the rain started to fall, the streets was filled with laughter and screams by the people. She didn't have chance to complain and yelled at Lewis when he pulled her hand the two also ran as the rain got heavier, he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and put his other hand on Simone's head to protect her from the rain they went inside the empty bookstore in order to shelter them from the rain, she felt the warmth of Lewis' hand and slightest spark when their skin touched she quickly pulled away from him.

Worried written on Lewis face while looking at her she was soaking in wet and shivering from the cold, he took off his colored cream jacket and wrapped it around her shoulder, Simone weirdly stared at him silently he was also soaking in wet his brown cargo pants and sneakers are full of mud.

She could clearly see every detail of tattoos on his arm and fingers, Simone couldn't help but be mesmerized she looked back at Lewis and then she realized he is already wiping her wet face and hair using his jacket.

"w-what are you doing!" she gently pushed him away

"s-sorry but at least wear that jacket" Lewis pointed at the jacket wrapped on the top of her head

Simone ignored him "you don't need anything from me Lewis, what do you need to prove?" she watched how his expression changed "that you can spend anything in millions–maybe even billions? if you are used being chased by the girls you've slept with, well I'm sorry i'm not like them please go away"

Lewis frowned after Simone's words entered on his ears, he can feel the pain on his chest it's like he was stabbed in the heart, is that how other people look at him too?

"why do you think like that?" he asked which made Simone rolled her eyes "it's my duty to donate my money to help children, Simone. I use my money to help, did you hear it?" he stepped towards her he can clearly see her hazel eyes and the mole under her right eye his gaze looked down at her freckles and full lips "and I can't let you go that now I have seen you again"

...

The warm wind enters inside her studio making her hair blow out of her face, the weather is very nice today this is the perfect time to wander around Paris not thinking about being cold. Julien glance at the woman who lost in her own world, she's been sitting on her chair for one hour already and staring blankly on her canvas.

She stared at her empty canvas while holding her already dry paint brush, her face become more paler each day. Simone bit her lower lip and closed her eyes again and took a deep breath to calm herself down, she already had a few cups of tea but her energy still hadn't recovered. It seems that she is always tired and hungry every day, she has been experiencing it for a week, she still has a lot work to do but there she is sitting starring into nothing.

"come on, take a shower I will help you visit your doctor" Julien put down the book he was reading and got up from lying on the sofa "you are scaring me Simone, the children are already looking for you they thought you are dead"

"I don't want to go" she answered not getting her eyes off on her empty canvas "tell them that I'm completely fine and I just need a little rest"

"little rest?" Julien shook his head staring at her unbelievably "one week is already a long rest, Si" he said

It's been a week since she took a short leave from teaching, not because of what happened between her and Lewis. She stared at her right hand slapping someone in the face for the first time is satisfying, a smirked plastered on her face which made Julien frowned.

"come on! think about your parents Si, are you not worried about yourself?"

"don't worry I will make an appointment for tomorrow" Julien rolled his eyes

"I can't even imagine how long Jordan's patience have to you" he whispered while shooking his head

Simone finally throw her attention at him a weak smile plastered on her face "I am the one who have a long patience with that woman" she answered

"I heard my name, so Julien what's happening here?"

The door on her studio opened and a blonde hair woman entered inside, her tired eyes stared at Simone crumpled face "what are you doing here? I thought you would be home tomorrow?" Simone asked as she watched Jordan pat Julien on the shoulder to make him sit properly on the sofa before joining him.

"someone called me to report that a grown woman is being stubborn again"

Simone rolled her eyes and glared at Julien he smirked and winked at her "oh shut up you guys"

"by the way, what's up with you and Lewis?" Julien asked then she gave him a tired look

"obviously he donated a huge amount in the school" she innocently said

"really?" a smirked plastered on Julien face while playing with his eyebrows

"who is this Lewis?" Jordan asked

"a famous formula one driver" he answered "asked Simone she knows him better than I do"

Jordan gave her a confused look she look away and face her empty canvas, she even heard Julien laughing Simone glared at him before dipping the tip of her paint brush on the jar of water for the hundred times. What's happening between her and Lewis? obviously nothing! that one night stand for her is nothing, a memory that needs to be forgotten.