Chapter 5

When my life became steady and I feel contented with school stuff and the lifestyle within me and my family.

Another storm was getting ready for its catastrophe...

Another branch of the tree will become black, blur and lifeless as it lose its life.

My Mama was healthy back then but as she gets old, she became more weaker and weaker.

Our Grandma was hospitalized because she was diagnosed with pneumonia and the other findings are still a mystery. She was lying on a hospital bed, looking lifeless and the only thing I could hear is the beep and the pump of the oxygen which gives her a little extension of life.

I can't believe this is happening..

None of us within the room makes sound because we were caged with deep silence. Due to that, my heart became heavy because I know within myself that Mama will soon be taken away from us.

She was there in my childhood days, always prohibiting me from going outside playing with friends because it's time to sleep. Pero bilang isang batang matigas ang ulo hindi ako sumusunod kahit na may dala na siyang pamalo.

"Yarie halika na't matulog" sigaw ni Mama

"Ayaw ko Ma, lawo muna HEHEHE" sagot ko naman sa matinis na boses.

"Magbibilang ako Yarie, pag-aabot to nang sampu patay ka saking bata ka... Isa. Dalawa. Tatlo. Apat...........Siyam!!!! YAAARRRIIIEEE" sigaw niya sa mga balala niya.

___________________

"Maaaaaaaaa" sigaw ko habang tumutulo yung luha at sipon ko.

"Ma please do attend the General Parents and Teacher Assembly so that I could have additional points" pakiusap ko.

"Maghintay ka sa parents mo Yarie, kung hindi sila uuwi edi hindi, ano bang problema nun" katuwiran niya sa akin.

"Eh Mama nga ehh, meron ngang points" padabog kong sabi.

"Bahala ka riyan, Yarie hindi ako a-attend" sabi niya may pasama pang lumilipad na tsenilas. Kaya umiyak ako ng umiyak bahala na kung si-siponin ako bukas.

Bigla akong napatigil sa paglo-look back sa mga matatamis na mga ala-ala sapagkat I was shocked of the sudden movements of Mama

The room was failed with noise, as my Aunties, Uncles, Cousins and other relatives sobbed loudly as they could, making me cry more. I was having hope that she will have second life but as soon as the doctor come in, reviving the lifeless and cold body of Mama dropped my heart beyond earth surface.

"Time of death 9:45" when the doctor declared her death. My world stops spinning, it was a deafening silence, my tears don't stop from falling and my mind stops working.

"Maaaaa" I said in my lowest monotone. The only word that comes out of my mouth.

I sit beside my mother sobbing harshly hugging my father.

Now, what am I gonna do now?

I lost someone so precious to me and I witnessed everything...

_________________

When the time comes that the death body of Mama will be settled six feet from the ground. My hope was slowly fading, the grieve yard was filled with people who has concerns with our Grandmother. I lost a lot of tears and so I can't help myself questioning God for doing this to me.

I know every happenings has reasons but this is the most painful of all.

I didn't go back home with them....

As soon as we arrived near the village, I run as fast as I can going to the finest beach I could see.

I went to the coastal area near the waves of the crystal clear salt water, sitting on the white sand grieving for her presence.

Yumuko ako not minding the beauty in front of me..

I just wanna cry hard and shout my pain so loud. And maybe by shouting it will take the heaviness inside of me. I couldn't take the lost I have felt right now.

In front of the setting sun waving for its good bye, changing the skies color into fading orange and expanding black. I cried hard not minding the people who can hear me as long I will cry all of this.

As soon as the wind swiftly passed away, I feel someone's footsteps nearing me. I can't help but feel embarrassed knowing that someone might hear my ugly crying voice and he/she might see my horrible face.

When someone is blocking the beauty in front creating a shadow beneath the sand. I was stopped by a hand reaching towards me.

I thought he/she will ask me, but as soon as I looked above getting curious of who's this  reckless person not minding his/her own business.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I was frozen looking at his facade extending  something extraordinary..

It's......

a cute black and pink HANKY ^⁠_⁠^

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
♡⁠๑