chapter three: bags

Lily's Note
Sorry for the long wait for this chapter. I've been super busy, but we're back 😜
The story continues!
——————————

Alivia needed a little bit of a pick-me-up, so she hopped inside of her light blue VW Beetle and started her journey to Target.

Alivia needed a little bit of a pick-me-up, so she hopped inside of her light blue VW Beetle  and started her journey to Target

Upon entering the car, she connected her phone and started her playlist of her favorite songs. The first song that played was "Bags" by Clairo. Not only was this song constantly on repeat for her, but she thought it was fitting for her drive.
As Liv drove through the busy LA streets, she loudly sang along to the song,

"Can you see me? I'm waiting for the right time..
I can't read you but if you want, the pleasure's all mine."

The lyrics felt like they hit close to home, but she couldn't figure out why.

As this thought hit her, she almost missed her turn into the Target parking lot. Thankfully, she still had time to turn without pissing off the person behind her. Alivia pulled into an open space in the extremely crowded lot, put the car in park, hopped out, and locked the vehicle.

When she walked into the store, her first task was obviously to get a drink at Starbucks. What would a great shopping spree be without a drink in hand?

Alivia walked up to the line and looked at the menu. Even though she gets the same thing every single time during the summer, she still spent forever looking at the menu. Soon enough, the person in front of her finished ordering, and it was her turn.

Liv ordered a venti mango dragonfruit lemonade, and picked it up from the drink pick-up area. It was refreshing, which was exactly what she needed. Now, she was ready to start shopping for what she needed, well, not necessarily need. More like want.

She browsed the aisles, putting various swimsuits, snacks, and tops in her basket. While she was browsing through one of the racks, however, she was startled by someone saying her name.

"Oh my gosh, Alivia Cartwright? Is that you?" said the person who was behind her.

Liv quickly turned around to see that it wasn't just a fan, it was actually someone she knew. Well, sort of.
It was Jake Webber, and Johnnie Guilbert was standing right behind him.

"Oh hey!" Liv said, surprised that these popular YouTubers were in the same Target as her at the same time. "Are you Jake Webber and Johnnie Guilbert? You guys are super cool. Wait, were you at Tara's party last night? I think I saw you guys there!"

"Yeah, we were there. We actually came over to say hi because we recognized you from the party last night! Thanks for coming by the way," Johnnie said.

"Yeah, of course! It was really fun." Alivia replied.

"I'm glad. Hey, we also had another question to ask you since we ran into you here," Jake said, smiling, "since we've both been getting pretty popular online recently, do you want to make a video with us sometime? We were planning on doing a taste test video about our favorite meals, so if you want to join us you totally can."