CH1. cornerstones

(vague) spoilers for the 2.0 + 2.1 trailblaze missions.

        Precious gems are often mistaken for others when surveyed by the eyes of simplistic man. However, those with expertise in the field know their rocks. They could tell jade from aventurine, carbonate from quartz. Spanning galaxies, these gathered experts had to produce the best findings when providing Emanator Diamond with the best gemstone for their new chosen one. They found the stone chalcedony to be the best representative of the Yojj diplomat the planet of Tlegona provided to the Interastral Peace Corporation. She flew to Pier Point from galaxies far beyond sight. In exchange for the Preservation's mercy, the Yojj people gave their best mind to the IPC—the only daughter of the chieftan's family. And so, after providing the young woman clothes, food, kindness—things scarce on her planet despite the position she had to hold—Diamond offered her the unpolished white crystalline whelp that would soon become her cornerstone.

        "I give you this," Diamond had said that day. "This and no return. This and your alleviation."

        The Yojj lady's brown, spiraling eyes met with theirs.

        "What about Tlegona?"

        Diamond's smile straightened out, dissipating into their usual cold grimace. Tlegona resided in a near-destroyed star system, a world being rebuilt in itself dressed in the remnants of selenic nodes and molten ores. A perfect subject—and the perfect victim of the IPC from Amber Eras past.  But Diamond was a part of this new generation. Their motives differed from the past regardless of similar alignments. Well, mostly different anyway, because Tlegona had the resources the IPC craved.

        "Tlegona is under our watch." After a pause, observing her uncertain silence, Diamond then added, "Our protection."

        She gave him a soft smile, though her eyes recessed, head hanging lowly with a glint in her gaze as she held the chunk of chalcedony in her hands. Humming to herself, she rose from her seat and headed towards the door.

        The gemstone was held close to her chest, and she said, "You are a good man, Emanator. But you are a good fabulist as well. The Tarantula loves you, imitating the management of cords extending our world into constellations and wavering promises."

        Tlegonians did not believe in the Aeons, but in the essence of life around them, every organism and their spiritual significance. The Interastral Peace Corporation, though, believed in the singular Lord: Qlipoth.

        That was the Corporation claimed at the very least.

        It was here that she was assigned the title Chalcedony of Edifice upon presenting the projects she would represent the IPC with, leaving Diamond's office to carve her desires into what would essentially become her cornerstone—a memento of the Preservation. Unwilling or not, she would become its servant, confined in the rigidity of the mantra that is Interastral Peace.

        "Welcome to Pier Point," Diamond sent their goodbyes to her. "This world is fabricated by wavering promises and business built on glass stakes."

        Penacony was a former prison planet residing in the Asdana Star System, the host of the substance memoria, which harnesses the projection and intensity of dreams. This planet, now known as the Festive World, was once owned by the Interastral Peace Corporation, and though things have changed, the IPC wanted some of it back. Diamond contacted Taravan Keane just days ago about harvesting memoria and planning out this new project. They then assigned Aventurine to lead this little mission, following up one of his requests to add Chalcedony into the mix.