chapter 4

Welcome to death hurts chapter four

June 24th, 2023

Funeral day

Everyone was getting ready for Aliyah's funeral. No one was prepared for the day they had to burry their best friend, daughter,girlfriend,twin sister, and classmate.

Everyone wore purple or white. Everyone got there, and it was a horrible day. They were gonna do a balloon release at the end of the funeral.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of aliyah carter who died by a shooting." The speaker started. " it hurts to know someone so full of life has now passed on. We now are going to have people speak." Everyone was breaking down. The people who were there were her whole family, including grandma and aunts,cousins, and people like that, friends, some classmates she was close with, obviously imani,jaclyn,notti,dd, and ddot. They were the most affected. Alijah had been silent the whole time, not knowing what to think. He had to talk, so he was trying to think of things to add to what he knew he was going to say.

Jaida went up first. " I just wanna say thank you all for coming. It means a lot to me and my family. Aliyah was filled with life. She was sweet, kind, and never had started problems with anyone unless they started with her. It hurts to know that she's gone. It hurts my soul that I didn't protect her.  Losing my baby is like losing a piece of myself, and it's the worst pain I've ever felt. I never imagined this day would come so soon, but it did, and now I gotta keep going for her." She said, holding tissue to try to wipe her eyes, but the tears just kept coming down.

Theo went to go speak, but he didn't know what to say. " This girl is the most special girl in the world, and knowing that her life was taken from her innocently, it hurts. She didn't deserve any of this, and I just know I've failed as a father. She left this world with all of these people who love her. But not more than I did when I first laid eyes on her when she was born on march 22nd along with her twin brother, and I know he is hurting. She means the world to me, and now my world is half gone because her brother has the other half of my world." He said. He broke down for the first time. He has never broken down about the whole thing to stay strong for his family. Now, it was all too much on his heart to hold in anymore.

They took him back to his seat where jaida held on to him, trying to calm him down. The first rows were jaida, Theo, alijah, notti, Imani, dd, jaclyn, and ddot and more family. Alijah went next. Her took a deep, shaky breath.

" aliyah is my twin sister. She is the best sister you could ever have. We never really fought, and She would always put my feelings before hers. That's what was special about her. She never thought about herself. I would have to make sure she thought about herself once in a while when she didn't care. We did everything together, we had matching usernames on all social media, we had the same taste in music, we were never apart. Until someone decided to take her life. It's my fault. I had this gut feeling that the whole time that something bad was gonna happen, but I didn't listen to myself. I regret it every day. I just want my twin back. Please bring her back." He said.  He couldn't believe this was the reality they were living in right now.

dd, ddot, Imani, and Jaclyn did their small speeches , and now its notti's turn.

He walked up there and saw everyone just looking at him, waiting for him to talk. " I'm Ethan Reyes, I'm was her boyfriend, I am her boyfriend. She was the sweetest girl I ever met. I was her first boyfriend, and I'm her last. She was always so shy to talk to people, thinking people wouldn't like her. Some didn't, but that was only because they were jealous of how pretty, smart, and sweet she was. I'm going to miss her so much, and it really hurts my soul that someone thought it was a good idea to shoot an innocent girl. My innocent girl. I'm glad I'll always have my memories of her." He said he then hugged jaida and Theo.