16. the protest

School was now out for everyone and the protest was going strong

School was now out for everyone and the protest was going strong. Dani held out the bin of silly string cans, confetti, toilet paper, and glitter for everyone to take and throw out the window.

"Bring back JoJo! Bring back JoJo!"

She smiled seeing the stressed face of Woodsy and some of the parents that began to show up. Heading back into Woodsy's office she sees Ant and Sasha already eating some of the food. Dani and Cash riffled through the snack bin, picking out her favorite chips before it was gone.

"Chips and lollies, Ant, really. What part of "no dumb food" did you not understand?" Amerie states disapprovingly

Cash looks at her, "Are there any chicken twisties?"

Dani shrugs eating her bag of chips. Missy walked in holding up bottles of juice, "Ant, ya dog! Where's the water?"

"There's a tap isn't there."

She looks up seeing Dusty walk in announcing even better news, "The taps not working and there's no toilet in the building."

Dani bursts out into laughter and kicks up her feet on the desk, leaning back and enjoying the unraveling of events. While Amerie sighed and covered her face in disbelief.

5 PM
Parents were gathered outside wondering what the hell was going on. Dani looked around not seeing her dad, which was not surprising since he was working, but she did see Ant's mum. She slowly backed away from the window, keeping that to herself to not freak him out.

"Alright, here's the toilet for the night. Guys, please, aim for inside the pot." Missy states glaring at the boys.

"Did everyone hear that? This is a poo-free zone." Sasha announced

Dani sighed looking at the potted plant and walked across to sit on a corner of the desk. She hears Ant and Spider fooling around behind her making jokes and giggling like school girls.

"Amerie!"

'Oh shit." Amerie mutters hearing her mother's voice on the megaphone outside.

"Amerie! Get out here right now!"

Dani chuckles glancing at Amerie. "You're mum's scarier than mine." Ant retorted laughing

"ANTHONY!"

Ant's face dropped hearing his mother's voice.

"Anthony, so help me God, if I have to come in there, I will drag you out myself."

Ant moves to leave and Spider holds him back. Dani put out her leg, stopping him from passing her. He looks at them scared as they both whisper to him that it's fine. She rests her hands on her hips trying to convince him that his mum's not gonna kill him.