30. unexpected surprise

Dani groggily opened her eyes and felt around the floor for her phone

Dani groggily opened her eyes and felt around the floor for her phone. It was the next morning and she read a text from Spider saying that he won't be able to hang out today. Also a missed call from Missy. She sat up and stretched her arms above her head, her back cracking in multiple spots.

Dusty was still asleep on his bed, his foot hanging off the edge.

"Oi! Why did you get the bed? My back's sore." Dani grumbled standing up and throwing an empty can at him.

The can hit Dusty's head and he opened his eyes seeing Dani glaring at him. Her hair messily thrown in a bun and wearing an oversized sweater.

"What?" Dusty groaned and turned over away from her.

"Why didn't you take the floor, I'm the guest," Dani spoke crawling over his legs to sit on the bed.

"You passed out and when I tried to move you, you threatened to punch me in the dick. Multiple times..."

Dani chuckled and scrolled on her phone.

"Is Spider picking you up here?" Dusty asked rubbing his eyes.

"No, said he can't hang out today."

"That's bullshit. He never has anything better to do." She shrugged and continued on her phone.

Even just barely waking up, Dusty could see she was upset, "We can get coffee and I can drop you off at his."

She looked up from her phone with a smile, "Yes to the caffeine and you can just drop me off at home instead."

After getting coffee, Dusty pulled into her driveway and turned to her, "It'll be fine, Dan."

She nods and gives him a hug, "Thanks for letting me sleepover."

"I better not hear any more complaints from Ant about you two."

Dani scoffs and playfully hits his arm before leaving his car. Once he drove away, she noticed Missy's car also parked. She checks her phone to see if she missed any more texts from her.

Stepping into the house, she hears Missy in her room watching something at full volume.

"How'd you get in?" Dani yells from the front door.

"Spare key!"

She makes her way to her room and sees Missy on her bed, waiting for her.