CHAPTER III The Root of Terror

On the ship, on the way to wild space.. "So tell me again, how do you know me?" Jade asked Orla.. "You said you do not belong to a Jedi Order, is that right?" Katooni asked.. "How can you not have to report to the council?" Jade asked her.. "Is it fun not being tied to the Jedi Council.. Waiting for their approval all the time?" Katooni asked her.. "You know girls, Master Jareni would be able to answer you if you give her time." Saw said to them.. "Sorry, like my Master Jade, I get excited about stuff.." Katooni said.. "It is strange to see you as a Jedi Master Jade. You were only three when I last met you." Orla said to her.. "So you keep saying.. But when and how could you have possibly known me when I was three?" Jade asked.. "You were with your sister Janna, and your cousin Jayden.. I remember it like it was only yesterday." Orla said to her.. "No!" Katooni said with total shock.. "Katooni, leave us please." Jade said.. "Leave? But it was just getting interesting.." Katooni replied.. She then took a look at Jade's face.. "I'm going." She said leaving Jade with Saw and Orla.. "You are not talking about Janna Star, and Jayden Kyle right?" Jade asked, looking at her.. "Yes, you sister Janna Star, and cousin Jayden kyle.. Your mother's name is Padme, and her sister is Kina.. They are twins.. I do not know what happened to Kina's husband.. But Padme's was working in the field.. I think his name was...." Orla was saying.. "Anakin?" Jade asked.. "Yes, that was it.. Anakin Skywalker." Orla said with a smile.. As Jade looked at Saw with total shock..

Starlight beacon.. "We need reinforcements Essiatla.." Sskeer said over the hologram... "And As I have explained, Master Sskeer... we've already sent every Jedi we can muster." Maru replied with a quiet voice... "Then you need to .... Find more.." Sskeer said with annoyance.... "And how should I do that Exactly?" Jocasta Nu asked him.. "We're steering dangerously close to stepping on the council's toes as it is.. The Republic Fair..." Maru said... "Is the last thing on any of our minds right now we....." Sskeer was saying as he dropped out on them.. "Oh no, not again? Administrator Jahen.. Can we boast the transmitter array?" Maru asked her... "We're trying Master Maru, but there's something wrong with the comms network as a whole.. Chief Norne has dispatched a maintenance team." Velko Jahen replied.. "What about you Kaycee?" Jocasta asked him.. "Beep beep beep." Kaycee replied.. "Any luck raising council member Gios on Valo?" Maru asked him... "Beep beep bleep blop." Kaycee replied with an attitude, just like R2.. "Yes, I am more than aware that luck as a concept is incompatible with your belief on physical determination. But at this precise moment.... I'll take all the help I can get." Maru said he was getting a little stressed now.. "I am here, all will be well." Jocasta said to him.. Even though she knew it would not be, she could not interfere with history..

Unlike Jade who was still reeling with the information that she was indeed Anakin's daughter.. "You are from the future aren't you?" Orla asked Jade.. "Yes." She replied still in shock.. "Anakin and Padme must have travelled back through time at one point.. Because I can feel that you belong in this time." Orla said to her.. "No I don't, I want to go home.. I don't care if Cade killed all the Jedi.. I just want to go home." Jade said.. "Who is Cade, and why did he kill all the Jedi? Is he... is he a Sith Lord?" Orla asked with a little fear, like if she said it they would be real again.. "He is now." Saw said to her.. "He was a Jedi?" Orla asked.. "My Uncle...." Jade whispered as a tear rolled down her cheek.. "Oh my... what a future you have come from.. No wonder you want to be here." Orla said to her.. "I don't want to be here, I want to go home and see if my Master Obi-Wan is alive!" Jade said as she finally broke down and cried on Saw..

Mulita Wild space.. "Looks like we are on our own.." Sskeer said to them.. "For light and life." Kriss said as she led the Jedi on the attack against the Drengir.... "I thought Jedi were never on their own." Myarga said with sarcasm... "This is hardly the time for semantics Myarga." Sskeer said to her... "We agree that at least Master Sskeer, personally I won't trust you until the Great Progenitor's head is mounted on the wall of my Dread Cruiser.." Myarga said.... "As long as it's that way around." Sskeer said to her.. "I hadn't put the Drengir down as trophy collectors.." Cohmac Vitus said as he fought with them.. "Your scaly friend would know Master Cohmac." Myarga said to him.. "Not this again.. For the last time.. The Drengir's hold over me has long been broken." Sskeer said to her.. "Thanks to your former Padawan and her new friend.. Who by the way are not here.." Myarga said to him.. "Don't remind me. What I wouldn't give to have Keeve by my side." Sskeer said.... Just as Sskeer is knocked off of his Rancor, by the vines, Myarga is taken over by the vines.. "My battle seed.." Drengir said.. "These damned vines... Won't someone free me?" Myarga asked with annoyance... "Free yourself." Sskeer replied.. "Spoken like a true servant of the Republic." Myarga said to him..