4 - Solo Showdown -

Fang collapsed onto the floor as Edgar gasped. "I won!" He smiled, a rare sighting. Colette touched my scarf and whispered:

"You did well, Edgar." And she winked. Edgar froze as Colette turned to check on Fang who was in a full body sweat. Did. Did Colette, just wink at... me? Edgar thought, clutching his heart. Colette, likes- no. There's no way. Edgar was trembling at just the thought. Nobody would like an emo guy anyway.

Edgar turned, putting on a forced smile and asked if Fang was okay. Fang smiled sweetly at Edgar and nodded.

"That's impressive, Edgar, for beating me? Most brawlers can't, and it's impressive that in your first warm up, you beat me."

"Yeah, I guess I'm pretty good."

"No. Not pretty good, very good." Colette whispered, gasping.

"We should do a match. Against some bots maybe? Solo or duos or gem grab or brawl ball?" Fang asked, sitting up.

"Don't mind." Edgar told him.

"Hmm. Maybe solos against each other with bots." Colette suggested.

"Sure."

"Alright. Let's go to a solo match." Fang touched a button that said: 'Teleport to Solo Match' and vanished. Edgar sighed and pressed it, his body being sucked away like a piece of dust in a vacuum.

"Welcome to the practice match grounds!" The bot thing said.

Edgar frowned as a list of all brawlers appeared. He couldn't recognise half of them.

3

2

1

Brawl!

Edgar stumbled around, not knowing what to do, so spying on Colette, he hacked at a box with his scarf which broke and dropped a green cube with lightening symbol on it. He picked it up and felt his health increase and damage increase.

Colette spotted me instantly and paused, mouthing a: Please forgive me. Edgar dashed around to avoid her attacks, which were heart shaped blobs. Super. Come on. Bring me to Colette! Edgar's scarf propelled him up and landed on Colette who gasped as Edgar's scarf punched her relentlessly.

"Sorry, Colette." Edgar punched her once more and Colette vanished, dropping a power cube. Edgar picked it up and ran for the middle bushes.

"Ah!" A shotgun fired at Edgar and he ran toward the gun to find himself attacking this strong dude. With a few shots, the brawler died, dropping three power cubes! Now with five, Edgar sneaked upon Fang who just entered the bushed and punched him, putting a shield up. Taken by surprise, Fang kicked Edgar twice before dropping four power cubes.

Edgar then found a girl, with a helmet coming for him as if she knew where he was. Edgar flinched. Bang! Edgar gasped in pain and the second shot took half his health away! Shield shield shield! 

Edgar jumped on the kid and killed her easily. "SHOWDOWN!" The robot thing yelled.

Shoot. Edgar didn't know who was left. Then he almost vomited as he smelt a disgusting scent of hair spray.

Who? Her. This purple skinned, bandage wrapped teenage girl walked sassily toward Edgar's bush. Readying up his super, the girl sprayed again, hitting Edgar for a second, but he jumped out of the way, leaping on the girl and punching her. But a ring of stench encircled the teenage girl and Edgar coughed. His health reducing rapidly, Edgar was left no choice but to flee.

Super, hurry! Edgar's scarf twitched as he watched the girl smirk, walking again to his bush. SUPER! Edgar jumped again, but missing! The scarf had decided to choose a box as a better candidate for death!

"NO!" Edgar hissed. But he chose to punch the box anyway, glancing backward to see where the enemy was. Finally, after getting the stupid cube, Edgar lunged at the girl, who shrieked and died after a few ferocious punches to the head.

"Edgar, has won, solo showdown!"