James- Chapter 11

5 years before

"James, come on man we have to get going or we are gonna be late for the ceremony."

I look up to Jasper and signalize him that I will hurry.
He goes out of the room and I sit there alone with Richard.

"The new members are gonna be tough to handle, in the training camp I heard news that they broke all the records." Richard said. 

"Well isn't that good for us? We need more boys and girls like that. People that know how to fight." I responded.

"Yes, I didn't say that it's a bad thing, but when they are too confident they are gonna be more noticeable for the police and our enemies."

I look at him and know what he means. I understand his worries.
"I know Richard, but there's no turning back now. The ceremony is today. We will show them that they can't do what they want."

He looks at me with even more concern and I don't know why. Everything will be fine, like every year. It's gonna be okay.

My whiskey glass and his martini are still filled to the top. We both grab our drinks and clink them together.

It's quite. Too quite, when outside is supposed to be a party for the ceremony and the new members.

I put my glass down and Richard stands up.

"Then let's go."

He walks toward the door and I hear in the distance people whispering and loading guns.

Richard also hears it and stops. His hand clenches on his gun.

"Richard, don't go any further." 

But as soon as I spoke my words the door was open and the bullets got through his body.

I go down onto the ground, behind the table where we sat. I see Richard on the ground. Dead.
I didn't know who it was or what they wanted, but killing the boss of our gang is not a pleasant start.

I take my gun out and hear how several man come into the room. Fuck

My heart is going quicker and I hear fighting outside. So not all of them are dead.

I crawl to the left of the table so I can see them.
They don't see me, so I take the chance and shot in there faces.

6 people, and three are already dead.

Loading my gun I hear them running in my direction.

In seconds I put my gun onto the table and take a chair. I throw it at the first person that I see and he's down.

2 people (1 is injured)

On the other side is a guy and he shots me in the arm.

FUCK
I roll to the side and there is the other man.
He tries to punch me, but I grab his fist and turn his arm around so he falls to the ground.
I broke his hand, my foot meets his face and his nose is broken too.

I take my gun and go down so the other can't shot me. I sit onto the guy that I thought was unconscious.

I feel a knife go through the side of my belly and I look down.
I shoot into his face.

1 guy (1 is injured)

I can't stand up anymore and lay on the ground.

My gun has no bullets anymore. I turn around my gun and take the hot front in my hand. The other man comes around and with my last strength I throw myself onto him and hit him with the gun.

A gunshot in his face from behind me.

All dead. (1 unconscious)

I look back ready to fight, but I see Jasper.

He's injured on his head and left leg.

"Come on man, we have to get out of here. There are more people coming to kill us."
Jasper helps me up as he said this.

"What's going on? Who are they?"
I hold onto my stomach where the stab wound is.

"The newcomers. We wanted to start the ceremony but they didn't want to be a part of us. Our gang has a new leader now."

I don't know what to say, but we will not be under control by someone like this.

We stumble out of the room through the back door.

"I called a car for us. Sam is coming."

We stumble out of the hallway and Jasper opens the door to the parking spot.

"Why isn't he here yet?" Jasper looks around but we don't see Sam or his car.

We go to the wall of the building and lean against it.

I hear car squeaking in the distance and it's coming closer.
From the road I see Sam's black car coming into the parking spot.

The door opens "Come on guys! Get in already!"

Jasper helps me to get to the car and sits me into the passenger seat.
"Go go go!!!" Sam's yells at Jasper.

Jasper closes the door and gets to the back of the car.

A gun shot. I hear a body falling to the ground.
I look into the side mirror to see Jasper dead on the ground. Eyes open and no living soul in his pale body.

Sam already shot the guy.
He followed us through the back door, the man who I injured with the chair.

Why didn't I kill him? Jasper would be alive. This is my fault. All my fault. Richard was right.

I didn't even know that we already drove away. Sam is driving too fast, I look at him and see his eyes let tears fall down.

"He was our best friend, always we three. And now he's dead."

I couldn't answer him and I felt my eyes close and sleeping slowly with extreme pain in my heart.