Back to the Beginning

So, I've had a lot of folks wanting a follow up book to my first fanfic. So here it goes. This book travels ahead into the future 18 years. With Yukio, Shiemi and Lewin as the new Grigori and Shura and Rin as Arc Knights. Arthur is still the Paladin. Mephisto is still Mephisto. Lucifer is attempting to destroy with world, but he will be much more menacing. He is in the form of Homare Todo, and she is a tough customer.

Chapter #1

----------------
I opened my eyes and found myself in a familiar place. True Cross town, more specifically, Mephisto's Mansion.

I'd been at home one minute, and the next, I was here. Despite the demon's seductions, I hadn't left willingly, and I hadn't given in. But Mephisto wouldn't take no for an answer. And now I'm in his giant bed, surrounded by full-sized plushies, dressed in flannel pyjamas. At least he hadn't taken advantage of me. But of course, he hadn't; he acted under the guise of a gentleman.

Amaimon, my demon mate, wouldn't be mad that I was here. He knew I had to appease the Time King. Mephisto was higher in the demon hierarchy, and to deny him was unwise. What made things incredibly complex was that Mephisto is also my mate, but we've been apart for many years. His manipulations had been too much for me to bear, and we separated.

Mephisto was a polyamorous being and didn't confine his desires to monogamous relationships. He was also not the type of demon that preferred one sex over another. He was infinitely fluid and attracted to souls. Unfortunately, he found my soul impossible to resist, so I'm in my current predicament. I never had a chance to escape him.

Was it weird that I was the mate of two demon brothers? Well, yes, and no.

The Demon Kings treated themselves like siblings, but in reality, they were not blood relatives. All demons had materialized from Gehenna and were born from the stuff of Satan. Technically, under the same rules, all humans came from the same source material in Assiah. But humans don't consider all other humans siblings. The Demon kings only associated as family to others with equal power and prestige.

Yet, Mephisto and Amaimon were the closest of the Demon Kings. At one point, they even lived together as uncle and nephew. It had been infinitely awkward that both had fallen for me. Demons didn't feel complex emotions and were fuelled by pure desire. Yet, as a hanyou, I absolutely did experience emotions. And I had enormous guilt.

My cell phone buzzed on the nightstand.

Amaimon: "When I got back, you were gone. Are you alright?"

Eve: "I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye, Amaimon!"

Amaimon: "He wasn't mean to you, was he?"

Eve: "He wasn't, but he also didn't listen."

Amaimon: "Well... brother is an asshole."

Eve: "I'm sorry about all of this."

Amaimon: "Listen, don't get all human on me. This will be fun. Promise."

I put down my phone with an exasperated sigh. Staring up at Mephisto's mirrored ceiling, I gaze at my reflection with nervous foreboding.

"Good morning,"

Belial, Mephisto's demon butler, entered the room. "I have brought you a quick breakfast. We must hurry. You are required to be at Vatican City for an interview."

"Listen, I don't even want to be here!" I jumped out of bed. "Mephisto stole me from my home!"

"I'm sorry, about all of that." Belial waved his hand, dressing me in a long, black trench coat. "But you cannot be late."