《Chapter 10 ● A side》

Donovan~

Of course, this girl would leave without even telling me. I was in the library for the last few minutes of the day. Katleen stopped coming to the library as often after school that she would just rush straight to work now. I mean, she does go during break sometimes. I stayed behind to finish my homework there and got all Calix's work as well. The mission is not going as smoothly as we wanted it to go. There are always some complications going on, and now they want us to start working on the field. From us just being in a gang, it's turning to working for a whole agency. Well, technically, it kind of is because of Calix's father -Mr Desmond- he started all of this, and as expected of him, he dragged his son into it as well. We have no leads on this Henry guy and his connections. His information can't be found. Unless..

"Oh, Donny boy, you still here, dear." The librarian interrupted my thoughts

She is a sweet old lady with grey-white hair and always has a wrinkled smile. She also only likes to wear pastel colors.

"Mrs Davis, hi. I was just finishing up some homework." I gave her a gentle smile

"Always so hard working, such a special young man."

"Thank you, Mrs Davis."

"Well, Donny, I do have to close up now, so if you are done."

"Oh yes, yes, I'll be on my way now. You take care Mrs Davis." I got up quickly and packed my book into my bag

"You too, Donny boy."

She's such a sweet woman. Well, lucky for me, I was done and just finishing as well, I should head to the restaurant now.

--

In that time of Katleen getting my food, I took out a very special book. It was the last thing my mother left behind for me, and I'll treasure it. To most people, it would mean nothing, but to me, it means the whole world. The best part about it was the little note she left for me on the cover page.

My dear son
I know this isn't much, but here's a book
I want you to fill it up with all your greatest
Achievements or the things you love the most
I want this to he a place of sanity for you.
For you to grow up and be a strong man.
And to share your greatest desires with
the ones you love most.
Mummy loves you.

♡My little Dono

I miss her a lot. I turned back and saw there were three girls standing by the entrance of the balcony. One had blonde hair, the other had red hair, and the lady girl had brunette hair. Katleen was standing behind them. It seemed like those girls were being quiet rude. I watched as Katleen took them to their seats, and she already looked so tired. She came by me and grabbed my plate without saying a single thing to me this time, she seems distracted.

"Want some?" I offered my sprite to her

"Mm, okay." She took a sip and handed it back to me before heading off

I feel sorry for her though, she should he enjoying her life. Not working at such a young age to survive. I continued on with my work and other small in-between things.

--

My attention was caught once again when I heard a thud, I turned back and saw Katleen on the floor and the girls laughing. Did they trip her? They all got up and walked over to the other side of the balcony, straight from where I am. I wanted to get up and help, but I knew I couldn't interrupt her at work. I wouldn't want her to get into trouble, but I did want to teach those brats a lesson. She looked like she wanted to cry while cleaning that table, but I watched her hold back those tears. She doesn't deserve to be treated like this, I should put in a complaint.