Chapter-14 Help

I woke up in an infirmary-like place where the guy who reached out to give me support, was patching me up.

"How long was I out?", I asked him

"Just a few minutes." " he said while bandaging my left shoulder. "That's all, I can do for now. You should use your QI to heal the wounds. It would be faster that way."

"Thanks.", I hadn't noticed till now but he didn't look all that old at all, maybe 18-20 at max, "Hey, what's your name?"

"Ohh, My name?", he looked surprised that I would ask for his name, "Mihara Kazuo. What's yours?"

"Akito Kayaba", I put my hand forward

"It's nice to meet you." " he said shaking my hands, He had a kind look on his face, very different from the other men.

"Ah, I forgot to tell you but the patriarch said to bring you to him as soon as you wake up."

He then led me back up to the same room where the fight occurred. The elevator door opened, but the room had changed now the room looked just like when I had first arrived. The table and sofa were both back in place, and there were no signs of any kind of fight.

The clan head was now once again sitting on the single sofa he was in before. Though, this time he looked as if he was waiting for me.

He looked at me and said, "Come on, sit over here. You don't have all day.", he pointed over to the sofa in front of him.

"So, what now? are you now convinced that I am a natural born and not any spy?", I said sitting on the sofa.

"Yes, I am quite sure now. But I would like to ask you this again.", He took a deep breath and looked me straight in the eyes, and said, "What is your purpose?"

"I told you already and I will tell you again, I want your help in becoming stronger."

"Is that really the only reason why you are here?"Now that I thought about it again, getting stronger wasn't the only reason why I was searching for them. Now that I tried to recall, I don't even remember why I was searching for them. The only reason I was doing so why because Maryu had told me to. But why did he tell me to go to Kyoto just to meet this guy?

If I wanted to get stronger I could just do it using the book, as I had been doing for the past few weeks, Maryu realized that as well. Then why did he tell me to come here?

I now realized what I was missing, I now understood why he sent me here. To get them to help me with something only one of the 9 major clans would be able to, and that is...

"I want you to help me change the way the world works right now.", I looked him straight in the eye, "I want to change the system."

"What exactly do you mean?", he looked confused

"Clans have been giving their descendants and members the techniques to fight against monsters, they have been giving them the power to fight against the monsters. But what about the people who go on and about their business without knowing that they might get killed? That they might get possessed by a demon. What about the normal humans? if clans can make their members and descendants into adepts, why not give the power to protect themselves to others?"

"The clans have been empowering their members and have been protecting the citizens for centuries, though it is true that there are times when we are not on time and accidents happen. But still, are you suggesting that we should reveal the information that has been hidden for centuries?"

"No, not yet. The world is not ready for that yet, all I am saying is that accidents are happening because there are not enough adepts to get everywhere on time to save people, but what if? Just what if we recruit normal citizens make them into adepts, and give them the power to protect themselves as well as others?"