Chapter 1

~April~

If having a loving family was like heaven then I've been locked out of heaven my whole life. Being the first born daughter in a family of male heirs was an embarrassment to my parents so I was naturally the unfavored child. For my grandparents it was just unacceptable that their first grandchild was a girl so growing up I never had any 'loving family' in my life. That is if you don't consider the Chae family. They are like my one and only family.

I've been proudly consistent in being a disappointment to my parents. From not being the highest ranker in my class to moving out of the mansion without their permission I've done it all.

Most parents would've been happy and proud if their child decided to become a criminal justice attorney but my parents aren't like most parents. The amount of shock and disbelief they had when I said that I was going to be a criminal lawyer instead of joining in our family business was appalling. They were disappointed in me but then again it wasn't something new to me. 

Today was the annual Graham family meet and greet. Where my parents and my siblings meet up every year to brag about what they have achieved and how one of us better than the other.

"Ahhh, Ms. April you are here." The security guard at the entrance of the property said. 

In front me of stood the Graham mansion.

It was in Jersey and I lived in NYC so, many times I had the excuse of travelling time to avoid coming here but today was the annual family meeting and I couldn't avoid that

It was in Jersey and I lived in NYC so, many times I had the excuse of travelling time to avoid coming here but today was the annual family meeting and I couldn't avoid that. The distance was hardly of 30 mins but I hated coming here.

"Yeah, is everyone here already?" I asked from my car. 

"Not yet. Ms. Alessandra isn't here yet." He smiled. 

"Alright, thank you for telling me that." I nodded. 

"Have a good day ahead," He tipped his hat. 

I pulled up my Mercedes GLC in front of the entrance of the house which was actually a mansion. Calling this architectural masterpiece a house is an insult. Also, it never felt like a house or a home so why to give it that analogy. 

I straightened my pants and took a deep breath, today I was more dressed up than a normal person would've to meet their family but my family wasn't a normal family. I had to look put together. I adjusted my hair one last time and checked my face making sure there was nothing weird about it.

 I adjusted my hair one last time and checked my face making sure there was nothing weird about it

Pretend & PrejudiceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara