𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

WHEN Jake wakes up the next morning, nothing feels right anymore. Heeseung's side of the bed is uncommonly cold, like he hasn't slept in the bed at all and there's a deep chill aching in Jake's bones. The curtains are pulled all the way open, showcasing the gloomy sky; storm clouds with rain pouring from them.

When he looks over at the alarm clock, 6:56 AM is reflected back at him in bold letters. He groans, running a hand through his hair and pushing the covers from off of his body. "Heeseung hyung? Are you awake?" he calls out, listening as the silence stretches around him.

When no call from Heeseung greets him back, he slips out of bed, curling his arms around his self when he feels just how freezing it is in Heeseung's home. "What the fuck," Jake murmurs as he emerges into the hallway.

He walks down the steps slowly, eyes curiously scanning over every little thing until he gets to the bottom.

Heeseung is standing near one of the windows, staring blankly at the gloomy sky outside. Jake sighs in relief, shuffling forward until he's pressed into Heeseung's back, basking in the man's body warmth.

"What are you doing out here, hyung?" he says softly, wrapping his arms around Heeseung's middle and pushing his face into Heeseung's back. "Come back to bed."

Heeseung hums. "Can't sleep. Did I wake you?"

Jake takes a deep breath. "The bed was cold. How long have you been standing here for?"

"A few hours. I was waiting for you to wake up."

Jake sighs again, unwrapping his arms from around Heeseung's middle and pulling away from him. "I'm awake. I'm here now and I'm asking for you to come back and lie down with me."

Finally, Heeseung turns to face him. He looks grim, face pale and once-endearing eyes now empty. "No, I mean really wake up. This," he gestures around them, between the both of them. "isn't real, Jaeyun."

"What?"Jake says, eyes wide as he takes a step away from Heeseung. "What is wrong with you? How could you even say something like that?"

Heeseung groans, running a hand through his hair and looking at Jake like he's ready to stop believing in whatever bullshit story he's trying to sell Jake. "Jake, please. Just.. just wake up, okay? This is good for either of us. So, please."

"Why?" Jake yells. "Why do you want me to wake up so bad? Can't you see that I'm awake?" He cries, gesturing with his arms wildly. "I'm right here in front of you. Why can't you understand that, hyung?"

Heeseung deflates, sinking onto the floor. Jake rushes towards him in panic, unceremoniously dropping to his knees and taking Heeseung's face into his hands. He pulls back when something wet slides down his fingers, lifting his hands in horror to stare at the blood staining his palms.

"Hyung, you're bleeding.."

Heeseung sags, eyes watering as blood drips from his forehead and down his pale cheeks. He lifts his shaky hands, cupping Jake's cheeks and smiling the best he can.

"I'm sorry." He says, pulling Jake closer until their foreheads almost rest together. "I'm so sorry, Jaeyun."

Jake gulps, tears streaming down his cheeks as he wraps his hands around Heeseung's forearms. "Why? Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong."

"I did." Heeseung whispers, words coming out choked up. "I— I never got the chance to tell you how much I wanted to start a family with you. Or— or how bad I wanted to marry you. I never got the chance to tell you how much I loved you"