Chapter 4: Between Shadows and Light: The Challenge of the Temple.

Copyright notice: This fanfic is a work of fiction inspired by "Fairy Tail", created by Hiro Mashima. I do not own the rights to "Fairy Tail" or the original characters.

Author's note: English is not my mother tongue, so I apologise for any mistakes you may find in this fanfic. I appreciate your understanding and I hope you enjoy the story.

Chapter 4: Between Shadows and Light: The Challenge of the Temple.

Five days had passed since María Koori left. Elysia and Tristan were immersed in their daily training in the park. Tristan was trying to navigate the park's uneven terrain with the guidance of his ice spheres, while Elysia, with the cunning of the wind she dominated, looked for any opportunity to unbalance him. During this time, Tristan had not only managed to master a seventh ice sphere but also discovered a growth in his magical ability; he could now sustain his spheres for longer periods. Thanks to his skill, he could move through the crowd effortlessly; unfortunately, this situation made the training a tedious exercise. Elysia noticed another change in Tristan: the activation of the seventh sphere noticeably cooled the environment, being a nuisance for people who were just passing by since it formed a frosty aura around them.

Elysia's voice interrupted the routine: "Tristan, we've hit a dead end with this training. Don't you think it's time to up the stakes, perhaps a fight?" Her tone had a playful edge.

Elysia's suggestion to engage in actual combat ignited a spark of excitement in Tristan. "But, where could we do it without the risk of causing unintended damage?"

Elysia proposed: "The forest on the outskirts of the city could be the perfect setting. It will be just between us, with no one else around."

The Lamia Forest, known for its latent dangers, evoked a dark memory and previous warnings in Tristan. "That forest harbors creatures we should not underestimate. It is a place of true danger."

Elysia's curiosity intensified upon discovering the detailed knowledge Tristan had of the forest. "How do you know so much about that place?" she asked.

Tristan, uncertain how to respond, recalled that Elysia had shared part of her past with him, which led him to trust her and share his own story. "My life, as I know it, began in that same forest. I found myself wandering, lost, hungry, and unable to see. I didn't know what to do; I just walked by instinct, when suddenly I felt a giant wolf heading towards me. At that moment, I was sure my life would end," he recounted.

Elysia, listening intently, interrupted: "But you managed to survive. How did you do it?"

With a smile, Tristan replied: "At that moment, when everything seemed lost, my master found me and guided me to Lamia Scale. Sometimes I think it was fate; just her, an extraordinary ice mage, saved me and introduced me to the world of magic."

Elysia, impressed by his story, expressed: "Fate, luck... there are many ways to name it, but the only absolute truth is that you fought to survive, and that fate or luck came only because you fought, Tristan." Hearing those words, Tristan remembered Elysia's past and responded: "You're right, we both fought to forge our own luck." Both shared a genuine smile, only to be suddenly interrupted by a voice, ethereal and urgent: "Hurry, find me." Elysia and Tristan were surprised to hear the voice. "Did you hear that, Elysia?" Tristan asked, his voice tinged with doubt. Elysia nodded, looking around at the people. "It seems only we can hear it. It's strange," she commented, just before the voice echoed again with greater clarity: "Hurry, find me."

"It sounds so..." Tristan began.

"Familiar," Elysia completed, her face reflecting the same perplexity.