Chapter 2

note:

So I decided to continue. Hopefully once a week there will be an update. Each chapter will range from 4k-6k depending how creative I'm feeling. Feel free to add any input you think would help the story move on. Such as things you want to see happen or something you like about other fics that you think will fit into this one! I'm kinda writing as I go so if something doesn't make sense let me know I probably forgot I said something and wrote something different later on. Thanks for the votes and input on the 1st chapter! Anyways enjoy the second chapter!

word count: 4514

==========================================================

It had been a couple days since the run in with the Bats. Peter avoided the library like the plague, not wanting to risk being ambushed there. He spent most of his time job searching, however, most places didn't seem too interested in a sixteen year old that looked like a nerd and dressed like he was homeless. Which he technically was. The days were getting colder and he was running out of options. He decided he would stop by a shelter that he had seen on his map that had a free breakfast every morning. Peter walked into the shelter as the sun rose. The line for the breakfast wasn't very long so he got his food quite fast. He was tired, wet, and cold from sleeping in odd spots to keep away from the Bats. It had started raining again last night soon after he settled in on a rooftop he deemed safe. But he was of course run out of the spot by the downpour. He thankfully found an empty dumpster in what seemed to be an abandoned area. It took him a while and he ended up back in Crime Alley as he figured it would be quicker to get to the shelter. So even though he was protected from the rain most of the night it didn't help that he was already dripping wet when he found the dumpster. His suit had already blocked as much as it could but it isn't magic so he was soon soaked all the way through.

Peter quickly found a spot to sit with a family sitting next to him. He quickly ate his breakfast when he was stopped while throwing his trash away, by a girl about his age with blond hair. "Hello, im Steph, I couldn't help but notice your clothes are completely soaked" she gave him a kind smile. he looked down at himself seeing his sopping clothes and back to her "Oh, um, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to get the floor wet. I'll leave, do you have anything I could dry it up with, I'm sorry" He held the hem of his shirt, trying his best not to cause anymore water to drip from him. "No, no you're fine, I was just going to show you to our clothes box. The Wayne Foundation donates to these shelters all the time so we get clothes for the homeless people as often as possible. Here come on, I'll even show you to the shower room" Steph motioned for Peter to follow her. "Oh, um, thank you" He said. He thought about arguing but if he was being honest. A hot shower, dry clothes, and a free meal. It sounded like heaven to him, then after this he would find a dry place and sleep. He followed steph as she went over to a stack of totes in the corner. "Here" She gestured to the boxes. "What sizes are you? If you give me a shoe size I can check the back for shoes" She said, giving him a smile again. Her smile made peter feel more at ease as he gave her all his sizes. Steph pulled down a box with shirts and a box with pants then grabbed another that had miscellaneous items in it such as socks, underwear, gloves, and hats. Peter thanked her and began scouring the boxes. Steph went into the employees only door next to where the boxes sat telling him she would be back in a moment. Peter found a plain dark gray t-shirt, some darker jeans that would be comfy enough to sleep in but nice enough that he hopefully wouldn't look as ratty, and pulled out a pair of socks and boxers from the other tote, leaving the hats and gloves for everyone else. Soon after he put the totes back Steph came back out holding a pair of all black sneakers in her hand, a black heavier hoodie, and a cheap black backpack. "Oh, thank you for putting them up for me!" She exclaimed happily, handing him the items she came out with. "Here, these should all fit you.The backpack has some toiletries and a couple other things we provide for everyone. Here, this way is the shower room." He told him not giving him a chance to say anything. "Alright! Don't forget, if you come back by 5pm we also do dinner here! I won't be here but be sure to be here as soon as you can because beds fill fast here." She gave him a small pat on the back and left him by a door that said Mens over it. Peter called out a thank you to her and walked into the shower room and looked for a shower that seemed fairly clean. A couple of guys already occupied a couple of the showers blocked by half walls. They turned their heads at the door opening and stared at him with looks he couldn't quite place before whispering to each other. He did pay much mind to them feeling awkward enough as it is. He settled for one towards the back a few showers away from everyone else and grabbed a towel from the basket that said clean and started his shower. After carefully tucking his suit beside the bench to where no one would see it but him, he hopped in the warm water and began washing up with the 3-in-1 soap he had found in his bag. He stayed in there for a good 20 minutes just soaking the warmth the water brought him but decided to end it as a lot of people began to come in after their breakfast. He dried himself off with the towel and got dressed. He rang out the suit as best he could and stuffed it into his backpack before making his way out of the showers feeling refreshed and ready for a nap. The clothes fit him nicely, the jeans hugged his legs a bit more than he thought but they weren't skinny jean tight. The hoodie was a tad too big but he was fine with that. Once he had the sneakers on he tossed his old ones, there was no point in keeping them. The toes busted through when he was running the night before. He may have pulled it off but he tripped over the edge of the building when he went into the alley causing the bottom to rip a bit. Normally he would just duct tape it shut but he didn't have duct tape and he already got the new sneakers so throwing the old ones away would help save room in his bag. Peter was still quite hungry due to his enhanced metabolism. Lucky he hadn't been injured while here so his healing factor hasn't had to break into his already low calorie count.