1. BETRAYAL

Valeria'pov:

I was laying on my bed,  my gaze fixed on the ceiling thinking about how my life has taken a huge turn.I was getting engaged tomorrow to someone who I had no feelings for.I was getting engaged to Henry who was a son of one of my father's business partner.The wanted to strengthen their business and thought that the alliance of their children was a good idea.Both of my parents thought it was good to ask for what I thought about it.And because I really cared about them I agreed.

First because I am already twenty five years old and I wasn't into relationship,so I thought it was for my own good since my parents chose the spouse and they might have really thought about it.

"Val, where are lost? I have been calling you for ages,"Samantha one of my friend said breaking my train of thoughts.

"Sorry about that, what were you saying?"I asked, changing the topic.

"I was thinking that today we should go out, what do you think? Since tomorrow you'll be getting engaged and soon after you'll be caught up with the wedding preparations."
I thought about it and it was  a good idea.
"I also think it's a plan right!"Cindy said excitedly entering my room.

"Okay then I think we should get ready what do think?"I told them since it was already evening.

After one hour we walked into the club attracting the attention of the people in the club.We chose a table that was sophisticated since we didn't want to deal with crowds.Everyone ordered their drinks and started drinking while making small talks.I ordered a soft since I had a low alcohol tolerance. In between the talks Cindy excused herself to go to the lady's room.

"So how do you think life is going to be after the wedding?"Samantha asked out of the blue.I thought for a moment and said:

"I don't know,I mean I don't even love him.I guess I'll just let it go with the flow of time."I don't even know where I am putting myself into. Samantha was looking at me with sympathy since she knew one of my dream was getting married to someone who I loved.Then my phone 📱 started ringing when I checked the caller's Id it was my mom. I excused myself to go and pick up the call since it was a little loud where were sitting because of the music.

"Hello," I said picking up."Okay mom don't worry I'll be back pretty soon"I said reassuring her that I'm fine "Okay love you ❤️❤️❤️."I said smiling through the phone.
After the phone call I walked through the corridor going back into the club.

"Then why did you agree to marry her ?"I suddenly heard Cindy's voice which picked my attention.
"Her father is filthy rich and If I marry her
then automatically all her money will become mine,will be able to enjoy it together."A male voice said. Wait I have heard that voice before. Bingo! It's Henry 's voice, person I'm getting engaged to.

"Then what about our relationship, you said that you'll marry me?"Cindy asked whining.
"Don't worry after we've found away to take all her money from her I will divorce her and marry you."I stood there waiting for her answer since I took her as my own sister.What I heard sent my whole world 🌍 crumbling down on me.

"Then I'll wait for you patthiently."She said chuckling as if it was humorous.Never in  my life did I think I'll witness day like this.Where my would be fiance and my best friend will plan my downfall.I felt tears running down my cheeks freely,I tried to walk away but the tears blurred my vision.

I walked into the club and I saw a man talking to the phone and he had a glass in the other hand ,I walked to him and grabbed the glass and drained all the content down my  throat.Suddenly a burning sensation engulfed my chest  and my brain became fuzzy and everything turned black .

Blake's pov:

I was talking on the phone when I saw a girl walking towards me, and her face was stain with tears and suddenly she snatched my glass and drunk it in one go.By the face she made I knew it was her first time drinking whiskey.
"Excuse me, I'll call you later."I said before hanging up the phone.Then all of a sudden I saw her passing out and I held her before she fell down.I hold her not knowing what to do I took my phone and called my driver and told him to come and get me.

"And why so soon?"he asked.
"That's non of your damn business."I answered annoyingly.I carried her bridal style to the entrance.After several minutes I saw my black Maybach pack in front of . I opened the passenger seat and settled her inside.

"So where I'm I taking you?My driver asked."To my penthouse"I said and he started the car.

While driving my driver kept giving me strange glances, which kind of annoyed me.
"What!?"I asked slightly raising my voice.
"Uh-huh nothing,"he said while stuttering.
"Okay then, focus on driving."I said minding my business.

It took fifteen minutes drive to reach my penthouse.

Please don't forget to vote.
Love you.