w. prompt 3

opposites attract + soulmate.

i feel like if we were to mix these two concepts together it would be like more of a "they complete eachother" thing,  balacing eachother out. but i also see where the yan/unhealthy stuff could come out of: aka: codependency and on technicality.

i've always thought about soulmates being like an inherently 'good' thing (good as in fae-morals), it is pure, destined-to-be, like an act of balance that always was. a person that is literally your other half of your soul.

(it doesn't have to be romantic or monogamic, souls can be fractioned even more lol)

so, what about the codependency and technicality part?

the technicality would be: what if you're lacking 100% of something? then your half would complete that part. that could go p/ chaotic, like a balanced chaos, a literal immovable object with a unstoppable force. 

i also feel like the psychology could also be ENHANCED with this kind of dynamic like, it could instigate some weaponized-incompetence / inferiority complex (S/O is good at this, i'm not), the fact that personal growth is kinda frown upon (you're replacing a key part that ur soulmate plays a part on), the pessimistic nihilism of identity, like--- it could go a lot of ways

that could also be really good to write dynamics of:

a selfish person + a very selfless person. THE DRAMA! would it be a henchmen situation? is selfish manipulating selfless? is selfless tricking selfish ala genie?

bad guy + good guy. imagine the angst, like the thought that you're literally destined to be with that guy, oh boy the complexes that it might arise in good guy.

it couls go so many ways.

also! paranormal, generally sould-centered like contracts. you could sell ur soul and ur soulmate(s) soul and forsaking them all since you're all pieces of one soul.

or like entities that eat souls: a literal and metaphorical piece of you dies when a s/o died bc of a soul-eater.