Bleach

Arena's POV

23 minutes before.

'Wait, your serious right now? You're not messing with me or anything?' Arena heard Berry gasp.

She had never been the one to eavesdrop on those boys and their chatter, but she had heard Berry scream something about believing, and since it was Devon, Yenni's son, inside the room, she couldn't resist.

She peeked her ear against the wooden door, hoping to hear something through the Devon's sweet baritone voice she had always loved listening to.

She heard footsteps near the door and hurriedly hid, hoping she wouldn't be seen. She heard a soft creak as the door began to open. 'Dude shut up!' she heard him whisper. She could smell his cologne from where she stood, the musky scent almost making her giggle.

She sighed. When was the last time she giggled...

'Wait, your serious right now? You're sure you do?' she heard Berry ask.

Devon had not quite closed the door properly, and she could see Berry leaning his chair towards Devon in anticipation.

Devon breathed in and out. He buried his face in his head, He...

'DUDE! YOU LIKE HER OR NOT?!' Berry exploded.

Devon looked like he would strangle Berry, then suddenly he sighed.

Wait, like who? Arena thought. Her heart did a flip. Was he confessing feelings for her?

'Yes, I do have feelings for her.'

Arena almost squealed. Finally, he had come to his senses...

'Damn. Why though. I mean Arena's there, and she's smoking hot.'

Arena frowned. If she was an option then they couldn't have been talking about her, and she highly doubted that it was a staff from the trip, so that only meant...

'Yeah, but Kira's just more... pure, I guess.'

Who the hell is Kira?

Arena peeked again, to see Berry faking tears. She didn't know a lot about Berry except that he could adapt to any social situation, unlike her. According to the intel she had collected and short and painful conversations with him, she had learnt that he was an orphan who Yenni had found very young in some garbage place in Jamaica-why Yenni was in Jamaica at all Arena couldn't imagine-and had changed his name and trained him to be who he is and had assigned him to train Devon. Arena hadn't heard any regret or hurt whenever Berry talked about it, but she had always seen his brown eyes become dark with sadness.

Arena herself was a black American, who had always been oppressed because of the color of her skin. She remembered her days of raiding the market, at listening to her teachers from the window of her classroom, at the bullying by her peers...

Her first heist, her first scar, her first kill...

She finally met Yenni, and she left all her other friends to rot in prison, because she learnt the hard way that no one was going to look at her pleading face, and even if they did, they wouldn't show the least bit of sympathy. She was done being the hunted, with Yenni's help, she was going to be the hunter.

Then she met Devon. Not once had she thought she was going to fall for a white boy, but she did, and as soon as she had been handed the assignment to train him, she had grasped it like a miner would grab gold, with a sparkle in her eyes and a beautiful aching in her heart.

Now Devon had grown and left footprints on her heart, and now she was only mildly sure of what she had left her with; undying desire.

'Yeah, considering you're going to make her a little less pure.' He snickered.

'Dude.' Arena heard Devon's exasperated voice. 'We literally kidnapped her; I don't intend on raping her too. And I'm still mad you touched her. Don't ever do that again.' She could hear him growl from where she stood.

Arena's mind blurred.

We literally kidnapped her...

Her nostrils were flaring, and she stormed off before she knew what she was doing. She had to kill that bitch. She checked the time, a little bit after 8. Good, she would make dinner and she'd probably also need some bleach...