&-PROLOGUE-&

&—The Fresh Morning's Dew

Standing in front of the gates that once painted her life with many memories, and with many shades in her life, wasn't as exciting as she thought it would be. Well, she never thought it was exciting from the start.

People were chanting their old 'Come and get it', and 'Lady, we have a few flowers that match well with your dress'. They were familiar voices. (Name) breathed out a sigh, glancing up at the sky. The wind was pointing a certain direction from the start, one that she always refused to follow.

The Dawn Winery.

Slow steps journeyed through the gates. Each step was light, yet heavy with dread. She'd not returned for such a long time, afraid she'd be seeing a certain face.

"(Name), you're back!"
"(Name)?!"
"(Name) has returned!"

Many chanted her names as if they're singing birds, chirping with many mixed emotions stirred. A few were elated to see (Name) finally returning to Mondstadt after a long journey in Sumeru, a few were... displeased for whatever reasons they had against her. Of course, with every happy people seeing her, (Name) would smile and wave at them.

Not much had changed. A few buildings renovated, yet they still held the same essence as to when (Name) first stepped in this city. Even if she'd been graduated with honors from the Akademiya, the place that's once been her home she'd always view the same.

Tring.

The bell to the well known tavern, Angel's Share, rang aloud the room, signifying (Name)'s presence. The place was still the same regardless of the time of the day—whether it's night or day, people would still be found drinking their hearts away.

She wasn't so sure what brought her here. The place had always been reeked of alcohol. (Name) approached to the table where she used to sit every visit she made.

In the past, books would be sprawled all over the table by the day, and she'd be drinking to her heart's content by nighttime. Now, she's just sitting there. Her table empty and clean, chair still felt the same. Truly, nothing changed in this place as well. The usual joyous atmosphere, people rejoicing or sobbing, they all remained the same as how it was.

"Oh, hey! You're back in Mondstadt. How have you been? Are you here for the same menu?" Charles, the bartender (Name) had memorized each of his habits, greeted. The bartender let out a small smile, barely unnoticeable from the distance.

"Been doing great, thanks for asking. And sure, I'd love the usual," she replied back, nodding her head at the man. While her drink was on making process, she returned her attention back at empty table.

Tring...

Another ringing bell sounded through the room. Wanted or not, people turned around their gaze to look at whoever stepped in. It was a man whose face was renowned all around Mondstadt, and one that never faded from (Name)'s memories.

Ravishing red hair like the tomatoes just fresh ripe, ready to be plucked during summer. Ruby gaze that managed to hold captive anyone who dared to look at him, able to make them confess a truth they kept hidden from him. He had always had a heroic tinge atmosphere accompanying him to wherever he went. A bit childish, yet elegant.

Diluc Ragnvindr.

Her heart pounded against her chest, swelling her breath bits by bits. She was compelled to continue look at him, her old sweetheart.