downed dragon:

3rd person pov (continued from last chapter. Future chapters will be second person, tho)

"Sorry. Dad." All the dragon that attacked that night got away with some kind of food haul. Then, Hiccup was met with silence. "Okay, but I hit a night fury." He was dragged away by his collar away from the crowd. "Ohhh, but it's not like the last few times, dad. I really, actually hit it. You guys were busy, and I had a very clear shot! It landed just off raven point. Let's get a search party out there before it -"

"STOP! Just stop. Every time you step outside, disaster falls. Can you not see that winter is almost here and I have an entire village to feed?!"

"It's true, cheif! I saw him hit, Hiccup isn't lying!" Y/n chipped in.

"Shut up, sis! If you let him go, this would have never happened! It's your fault!" B/n shouted at Y/n, a guilty look crossing her face. She kicked her brother in the leg, then ran off. Hiccup waited until she was out of sight to continue.

"Between you and me, the village could use a little less feeding, don't ya think?"

Stoic shook his head. "This isn't a joke, Hiccup!" He sighed heavily. "Why can't you follow the simplest orders?"

"I- I- I can't stop myself! I see a dragon, and I have to just kill it, you know? It's who I am, dad." He said while miming a head and twisting it.

The cheif put a hand on his helmet. "You're many things, Hiccup. But a dragon killer is not one of them." He looked down at Hiccup, disappointed while he looked away. "Take him back to the house." Gobber walked next to Hiccup and lightly wacked him on the head. "I have his mess to clean up."

They both walked away with their heads down. The two passed the group of young vikings. Tuffnut commented first while his twin, Ruffnut, laughed.

"Quite the performance."

Snotlout was next. "I've never seen anyone mess up that badly. That helped!"

"Thank you. I was trying so." Astrid, however, remained silent at the back Sharpening her axe. Gobber pushed Snotlout's head backwards and continued walking.

Now near the house, Hiccup ranted to gobber about how he caught the dragon. "I really did hit one! He just never listens, and when he does, it always with this disappointed scowl like someone skipped the meat on his sandwich." He then went on to do an impersonation of his father. "Escuse me, barmaid! I'm afraid you brought me the wrong offspring! I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts, and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

"Now, ya thinking about this all wrong." Gobber said. "It's not so much what you look like. It's what's inside of you that he can't stand."

Hiccup made a face of confusion before turning around. "Thank you for summing that up." He was about to open the door when Gobber spoke up.

"The point is, stop trying so hard to be something you're not." He had a solemn look on his face.

"I just wanna be one of you guys." Hiccup opened the door and entered the house. With a heavy sigh, Gobber turned around and headed back to the village. Meanwhile, Hiccup scrambled to get out of the back of the house, quickly heading to raven point.

♡◇♡◇♡

All the adults on Berk were gathered in the mead hall, the cheif at the centre of it all with a map on the table in front of him.
"Either we finish them, or they'll finish us. It's the only way to be rid of them. If we find the nest and destroy it, the dragons will leave. They'll find another home." He stabbed his dagger where the supposed dragons nest is. "One more search before the ice sets in."