Can you be mine?

As the moon cast its soft glow through the window, Ophelia sat on her bed, her thoughts swirling after the events of the day. The sudden ringing of her phone jolted her from her reverie, and she hesitated before answering, her voice laced with curiosity and fatigue.

"Hello?" she questioned, her tone cautious.

"It's me, Therdo," came the response, a hint of familiarity in his voice.

Ophelia's brows furrowed slightly. "Oh. Alright. Did you have something to say?" she inquired, her mind racing with questions. Therdo's voice held a sense of urgency as he spoke. "Yes. Come to Cozy Cocoa Corner tomorrow, and try not to be late. Don't want to keep me waiting, do you?" he teased, the corners of his lips curling into a playful smile. With a nod, Ophelia agreed before ending the call, her thoughts consumed by curiosity and anticipation.

The next morning found Ophelia stepping into the cozy ambience of Cozy Cocoa Corner, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and sweet pastries filling the air. Her eyes scanned the room until they landed on Therdo, who was seated at a table, his presence commanding the attention of those around him.

As she approached, whispers and murmurs filled the air, the sound of admiration evident in every hushed conversation.

"Isn't that Therdo?"

"Omg, it is him!"

"Wah, he's so handsome!"

"HANDSOME?? GIRL THAT WORD IS TOO TINY TO EXPLAIN HOW GOOD HE LOOKS"

The words washed over Ophelia, and she couldn't help but steal a glance at Therdo, her heart skipping a beat at the sight of him.

With a nervous smile, she finally reached his table, where he sat patiently waiting for her arrival. Their eyes met, and Ophelia felt a rush of warmth flood her cheeks as she greeted him."Hi. Sorry, I hope I didn't make you wait for too long," she said, her voice soft and uncertain. Therdo's smile widened as he gestured for her to take a seat. "It's not a problem. I can wait for you my whole life if you ask me to," he assured her, his gaze lingering on her for a moment longer. "By the way, that uniform looks good on you," he added, his words sincere and genuine.

Ophelia's heart raced as Therdo took her ID card out of his pocket, her fingers brushing against the plastic surface as she accepted it with a grateful smile.

"Here's your card, but in exchange, you have to answer a question," Therdo stated, his voice laced with a hint of mischief.

Caught off guard by his sudden request, Ophelia's eyes widened in surprise. "What is it?" she inquired, her voice tinged with curiosity and a hint of apprehension.

Therdo's gaze held hers steadily as he got closer to her, his tone casual yet filled with underlying meaning. "Are you interested in me?"

Ophelia's breath caught in her throat, her mind racing as she struggled to form a coherent response. Before she could gather her thoughts, Therdo's phone rang, interrupting the moment.

"Sorry, I have to take this," he apologized, gesturing towards the balcony of the café before excusing himself.

Left alone at the table, Ophelia's mind whirled with unanswered questions, her heart pounding in her chest as she replayed Therdo's question in her mind.

On the balcony, Therdo answered the call, his expression unreadable as he listened to the voice on the other end of the line.

"How dare you skip the date I set up for you! I give you so much, the least you can do is return the favour by going on those blind dates and marrying someone! I can't believe kids these days changed so much." his grandfather's voice boomed through the phone, filled with disappointment.

Therdo's jaw clenched at the familiar tirade, his frustration simmering beneath the surface as he listened to the demands being placed upon him.

"So I can marry anyone, and it won't matter to you, right?" Therdo challenged, his voice steady despite the storm of emotions brewing within him.

"Of course, I don't mind," his grandfather replied dismissively, the disdain evident in his tone.

A determined glint sparked in Therdo's eyes as he ended the call abruptly, his decision made in that moment.

"Well then, I have someone in mind," he declared to himself, a sense of resolve settling over him as he returned to the café.

Therdo returned to the table, he approached the table.  "Sorry about that interruption," he said, his voice gentle as he took a seat across from her.

Ophelia offered him a reassuring smile, her demeanour calm despite the unexpected turn of events. "No problem," she replied, her voice steady " So how would you like to be rewarded for helping me?"

Therdo's response caught her completely off guard, causing her to spit out the water in surprise. She coughed, her eyes wide with disbelief as she struggled to process his words.

"Marry me," Therdo repeated, his expression earnest as he held her gaze.

Ophelia's mind raced, her thoughts in turmoil as she tried to make sense of his unexpected proposal. "No. Why would you ask that?" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with shock and confusion.

Therdo opened his mouth to respond, but Ophelia cut him off abruptly as she noticed something familiar on his wrist.

"Show me that bracelet," she demanded, her curiosity piqued.

Therdo raised an eyebrow at her sudden request, his confusion evident. "I just asked you if you wanted to marry me, and you're worried about a bracelet?" he questioned, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Well, yes. And also, I can't marry you. You look like someone I knew," Ophelia admitted, her voice trailing off as she wrestled with her conflicting emotions. "Would you be willing to be loved knowing I am thinking of someone else while looking at you?"

Therdo's expression softened at her words, his gaze unwavering as he met her eyes. "Well, no. But I can win you over and make room for me in your heart," he replied, his voice filled with sincerity.

"Show me the bracelet," Ophelia insisted, her frustration mounting as she pushed for answers.

Therdo sighed, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Get to know me first and date me, then I might show it to you. I can't promise it though." he suggested, his tone teasing yet firm.

Frustrated and overwhelmed, Ophelia shook her head, her resolve faltering as she realized the complexity of the situation. "Well, I have work. Bye," she muttered, her voice tinged with disappointment as she turned and walked away.

As she disappeared into the crowd, Therdo watched her go. He knew that their journey was just beginning, and he was willing to do whatever it took to win her heart.