Chapter 2: Feyd-Rautha

My eyes grazed over him. The same carved expression, lethal eyes, and tout lips. His body was one carved by the gods, covered by black tight fabric. His hand was still tight on his weapon, but he didn't bring it up.
"You Bene Gesserits don't know when to behave," he said, anger biting away his tongue.

"Forgive me."
The two words left my lips like honey pouring into a glass.
He glanced over my face, over my body. Did he also dream about the night we shared? Or were his dreams purely drawn to the lust of innocent blood?

"What do you want?" His voice was gravel.

I was a burden to him, it seemed. An annoyance.

"I have some tasks that need fulfilling," I replied calmly.

"If you think I'm crawling into your bed again, you're mad," he said, his words coming out slowly and sharply.

"Am I?"

His mouth turned into a frown and his eyes filled with pure rage. He brought his weapon up, the blade mere inches from entering my chest and killing me.

"Drop the weapon."

It clattered to the floor, the sound echoing throughout the never ending hallway.

"Keep your hands to your sides."

He did as I instructed, his face erased from any previous emotion before it all leaked back into his face.

"I oughta-"

I cut him off.

"You won't. You can't."

"What do you want, Bene Gesserit," he asked. There was nothing but hatred in his eyes.

"I need an item," I said. I would figure out how to get him in my bed later.

"An item? What item?"

"An orb."

"Orb?" His brows furrowed. My task would be more difficult if he didn't know what I was referring to.
"Why?"

"None of your concern," I said sharply. I stared down into his soul, unblinking. He didn't seem fearful. I wasn't sure he ever had been in the span of his life.

"Oh, but it is," he said. A smile crawled on his lips as if he could sense the raging feeling inside of me and the way it's slammed against my skin as he took a step closer.

"Why do you need it," he repeated.

He was mere inches away from my face, his breath cold. For a mere moment, fear splintered inside of me. Not fear of him, but fear of this feeling. This clawing, consuming feeling, like an animal trapped in my rib cage. He saw the look on my face and grinned.

"Take a step back."

He did as I instructed unwillingly.

"Scared?" He asked, eyes teasing mine.

My face was back to its icy seductive mask.

"Take me to the orb," I said. I would use the voice if I needed to. It was like he was a child that couldn't behave.

"Tell me why and I'll consider."

I pursed my lips.

"The orb is powerful. My princess needs it."

"Why?"

"Because of its power."
I tried to remain patient but he was testing it.

"And what power does it hold?"

"You should've been informed. It lies in your home."

"I know all that there is to know, but I want you to tell me."

Silence engulfed the air around us, and tension coated our gaze. There was an immense pressure so sharp it could cause the strongest glass pane to crack and simmer.

"It holds the power of knowledge. Of foreseeing the future." I said, my words frigid.

He remained silent.

"Do you remember my name," he asked. It was a question so oddly placed.

"Feyd-Rautha," I responded coolly.

"You know my name, woman, and yet I do not know yours."

His words sent shivers down my neck. It was the truth. In my previous visit, I had never stated my name, it was told to me that I shouldn't.
I raised my chin, a smile on my lips.

"And you will not."

He grinned back.

"Tell me your name and I'll take you to the orb."

I couldn't tell him, although I would rather enjoy the sound of him moaning my name later in the night.
I was instructed not to.
But I could trust him.
No I could not.
Desire began to eat away my true thoughts until words finally left my mouth.

"You haven't proven yourself worthy to trust," I said.

He didn't respond, only smiled slyly at me. Waiting. Waiting for an answer that would never come. I was the one in charge. I was the one who would command him to-

"Margot Fenring."

I didn't have time to react to my own bodies betrayal against me. I bit the inside of my lower lip, clenching my teeth together as my jaw tightened.

"Now take me to the orb," I said.

His jaw clenched as well and he nodded his head, before turning. All my instincts were completely overruled by the molasses-like substance of wanting. It slid over my bones, inching its way toward my mouth and mind. It would become harder to keep at bay.

Into the box || A DUNE FICजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें