13. This was a bad idea

Ariana's POV
It's been two days. Y/N still seems just as off as before. I hate seeing her hurt like this especially when it's all my fault! Soon I hope she'll be okay, soon I'm releasing my new album.

I'm home now with Vic, Liz and Court. We're celebrating new years, I wish I could be with Y/N but she said that she had to work and then celebrate it with Angie. She doesn't celebrate it much it seems but neither do I if I'm honest. I miss her like crazy but I don't wanna be all up her space when she's going through this, I just hope she's okay.

It's 11:30PM, almost midnight, almost 2024. I'm not as excited as I usually am tho. So I sneaked into my kitchen, filled my wine glass all the way to the top and chugged a few times. I still had some left in my glass though when I walked back outside.

"People are already shooting up fireworks, it's beautiful" Liz says. Everyone agrees looking up at the dark sky with rainbow colored splatter from time to time. We're not shooting up anything because if the poor animals and my dogs. I hate fireworks because of that but I do have to admit that they are very beautiful to look at.

Before we know it Court yells out, "5 MINUTES UNTIL 2024!!"

We all run inside laughing at the stress almost dropping our alcohols. We make it to the couch and I quickly turn on to the countdown.

5

4

3

2

1! Everyone cheers and click their wine glasses together. We run outside again to watch more fireworks as we run around.

As this is all happening I try to keep my mind off Y/N. I'm so worried about her but I don't want others to know I am. So I put on my poker face and dance around.

Y/N's POV
I just came home from work. I was now working in a grocery store helping costumers and placing groceries in the right places. If I'm being honest it's boring as hell, I miss working at the cafe. It was a great work place, except from the storage room with Naomi.

I don't really miss Naomi, she was really bad for me and Ariana's relationship. But when she wasn't trying to get all over me she was actually really nice. I have been thinking about asking for a application in the cafe again but I know Naomi will be as she was before and Ariana will be mad at me.

Now I'm home at least sitting on the couch with Angie, both exhausted from work. We've been working almost non-stop ever since we moved only a few days off. Our economy is going up but not enough, we both really need a job soon.

Cheap chips was in a bowl in between us and we sat there eating it, it's going to be empty in minutes and we both know it. We also have a glass of white wine each waiting for the counting to start. Then it finally does,

3

2

1!

We toast with our wine glasses and wish each other a happy new year before taking a sip of the alcohol. The bitter but tasty flavor fills our mouths. We're brought back into reality when we hear a knock on the door. I furrow my brows wondering who it could be. Angie sits on the couch eating some more chips watching me walking over to the door. I didn't look through the pip hole before but I wish I did, cause I was met by a unexpectedly brunette woman.

"Happy new years Y/N" she greets with a smile. I could tell it's fake, she looks sad.

"Naomi? Hey... uhm... what are you doing here?" I ask here.

"I don't know... well yes I do, I really miss you Y/N! I know you want nothing to do with me but... I just want you to know that I'm sorry and I want you in my life again, as a friend" she explains