˙ɟᴉʌǝ˙

"Sooooo, Whisper," CC said, dragging the o of so out in a sing-song way, "Do you have a favorite band or anything?"

I turned my head to look at CC. I hadn't been allowed to listen to music apart from the toys that were in the nursery. The other humans didn't even get to hear those. I didn't say anything to CC, but Andy answered for me, "They weren't allowed to listen to music."

"What the fuck? I am so sorry you had to experience that hell. Hey, Andy, why don't you sing for her?" CC said as he pulled my hand closer to him, cupping his other hand over the top of mine. I moved my eyes to Andy in excitement. Andy can sing? Honestly, is there anything that Andy can't do?

Andy's bright blue eyes flickered over to CC, "Excuse you. I haven't warmed up my vocals. But I will sing for you whenever you want me to, Whisper."

I felt my face get warm and I had a sudden urge to hide. I quickly jerked CC's hand closer to me and buried my face in the side of his arm, in the sleeve of his black hoodie. CC chuckled, "Aww, you're so shy and so adorable oh my fucking god I can't handle it."

Andy's deep laugh surrounded me. I loved hearing the sound. It was warm and inviting, making me feel like I really belonged with them. I wasn't out of place at all. The thought of being human wasn't anywhere near my brain as his velvety voice rang in my ears.

"Yo! Head count! We found a body!" A new voice yelled as a door opened in the distance. I squeezed CC's hand, hoping he wouldn't let me go. CC squeezed my hand back almost instantly, feeling like the warmth from Andy's laugh had spread to wrap around our hands. Andy yelled back, "It's just me and CC up here with a guest!"

"Guest?!" The voice yelled.

"Tobi's girlfriend!" Andy replied, "She's been with me for the last hour." The door closed without another word from the other guy. I was glad they had left.

I slowly lifted my head up from the black cotton sleeve and made eye contact with CC. CC gave me a gentle smile, "You're safe with us."

"Thank you." I whispered, truly grateful they cared. I moved my eyes back upwards to Andy and watched him as he picked up an eyeshadow brush and an eyeshadow palette with different shades of black and dark grey eyeshadows.

I enjoyed the feeling of safety around me and I straightened back up in my chair, letting my grip loosen up on CC's hand. Andy leaned down in front of me, "Close your eyes for me."

I obeyed without hesitation since I knew I was safe. It is still possible that I'm not going to be safe with Justin. Especially with the way CC was surprised, and impressed, that I liked Justin. To be truthful, Justin is terrifying, and I am afraid of him, but I'm not as scared of him as I am of everyone else because Justin killed another vampire to save me. I know Immortals aren't supposed to kill each other, so for him to put himself in that position and to physically fight for me just makes me feel like I can trust him. I don't even need to mention the little fact that he is my owner now.

Justin also thinks he knows my mother. She was his pet, or something like that. I had never really thought about family before. I knew I had parents, I wouldn't exist if I didn't have any, but we were always taught family was reserved for Immortals only. I never thought about having a mom or a dad and spending time with them or having them teach me something the way I watched my old owner, Grayson, do with his family. It's exciting to me that I get to learn about me. If I let Justin see that I was afraid of him, he probably wouldn't be willing to tell me about my mom if I were to ask.

Andy's finger gently went over my eyelids before I felt the brush sweeping against my eyelid. It was an oddly satisfying feeling. CC moved around, getting as close to me as possible, "You know, I think stitches on her mouth like we used to do would suit her."