3. THE TRENDING NEWS

Blake's pov:

After Valeria passed out I got a phone call from my parents telling me that I have to go home asap. I had to leave her in the care of her friend Samantha.I never wanted to leave her in that state but I had no choice.First she wasn't my wife but I wanted to make her mine.It sounds cheesy but I wanted to protect her and assure her that their still someone who cares for her.

I'm not sure what happened but she was able to take my heart in the few hours that we have known one another.

I drove to the Carter mansion where my parents and brother resides in.I walked into the living room and found my parents seated with stern faces that didn't faze me a
bit,I was already used to it.
"Blake explain to us what's the meaning of this?"My father groan shoving his phone towards me.I took it from him and what saw left me speechless.

NO.1 Ranking news on the internet:

"THE CEO OF CARTER ENTERPRISES SEEN WITH A WOMAN AT THE ENTRY OF CITY HOSPITAL"

And a photo of Valeria and I, entering the hospital and I holding her hand was attached at the bottom of the news.The one who took the picture captured my whole profile but Valeria's was a little vague.The picture made it look like we were a little intimate than we really were.

"And you believe everything that is on internet? Really!!"I questioned them with a scowl.
"If Lisa were to see the news,how are we going to explain it to her? She's your fiance for goodness sake."My mom said putting emphasy on the word fiance. I looked at both of them as if they are making the biggest joke of the year.

"What! Did I ask you to propose to her on my behalf? You were the one that thought it was a good idea,to form an alliance with her and it does not concern anybody about my personal life."I said calmly to make them understand.

"But the girl loves you, and she's ready to give everything for your sake,"my mom said."But I don't love her!!"I said slightly raising my voice.
"Blake you are already twenty eight, it's prime time that you should get married and settle down. And Lisa is the best candidate for that." What my father said made me more angry.

"You are insisting that I should get married!!Okay I'll do as you want but I get to choose who I marry. I have that right, right?"I said while getting ready to leave.I knew that if I stay longer I'll say something that will upset them. With that I left the house to my penthouse.

Valeria's pov:

I opened my eyes to the white ceiling of the hospital.Was I having a nightmare or is true that my parents got into an accident and didn't make it through. I tried getting up from the hospital bed . The abrupt change of position made me slightly dizzy.

"Oh my God!! What do you think you are doing?"Samantha shouted as she entered the hospital room.
"Sam, I need to go see them now,"I said urgently.
"Okay I'll take you there,"she said helping me from the bed.
She took me to the morgue where their bodies were kept. Their bodies had completely turned ashen,I held both their hands to my lips kissing them as tears role down my cheeks.

The past memories that I spent with my parents came rushing back to me that intensified the pain. The people who were very close to my heart are now gone never to see them again.
"Val, you have to get hold of yourself, you have to be strong since your parents always wanted the best for you.Be patient because this is not the end of the world."Samantha tried to calm me down but my feelings were haywire.

From the hospital she took me back to her apartment because I couldn't step into our house because it reminded me of them.

Three days have passed since I lost my parents but the pain it's still the same. Today is the day that they were put to rest and everyone left after the funeral except for Samantha she stayed with me. Cindy never came for the funeral, infact I've not heard from her since the day before my engagement.

Now if I really think about our friendship it was all based on lies.I never knew her that well since she was so secretive, and I wasn't among those who pry in other people personal lives.
About Henry,he came together with his family to give their condolences, but theirs something about how they looked at me that made me suspicious as if they knew something about my parents' death.But I was so occupied to care.

Blake's pov:

It has been three days since the last time I saw her and I'm really missing her. She left nothing that I can trace where she went except for the hospital documents,and that was enough to track her down.I had sent my men to look out for her closely to make sure she was safe. I had come to know that her parents death was not an accident but it was murder.

So I had to work extra hard to make sure she was safe.I wish I could find a way that I could protect her up close, somewhere I can see her every day without looking for her.
When I'm at work I don't know what happens but I keep zoning out, thinking about her. Their is something about her that seem to draw me to her. It's so...I don't know I...

"Blake I've been knocking on your door for ages but you were not responding, tell me what's wrong?"Dylan my personal assistant and also my best buddy said while entering my office, breaking my train of thoughts.
"It's nothing, I was just thinking about something, so tell me what's up?"I said changing the topic.

...........
It will be really good if left your reviews about the chapter to see where I'm lacking in my writing.

Please don't forget to vote.
Love 😘 you