Doppelgänger!Francis x Doorman!Reader

This hasn't been beta read, so sorry for any errors you find 😔

You'd been a doorman for a week now. Though you felt that the position was tedious, it still paid the bills. You got to have somewhat of a stable relationship with your neighbors, greeting them and asking them about their day all the while you'd check their ID cards and other personal information from their folders.

You rotated shifts with another resident in your complex. They worked days, and you worked nights.

You wouldn't say you knew any of your neighbors on a personal basis.

You were just familiar enough to comprehend how they talked and other certain mannerisms. They weren't close enough to be friends, just acquaintances you shared a building with.

It was like this until one day; something changed.

He changed everything.

 You were looking through your phone, reclined in your swivel chair with your legs spread open

You were looking through your phone, reclined in your swivel chair with your legs spread open. Never mind that you were wearing a skirt for your uniform. Your legs were beneath the desk, so no one could see the way you swung your knees in and out while scrolling to keep yourself occupied.

"Evenin', Miss." You were so engrossed with your phone that you hadn't even heard him when he drew near the window. You perked up, brows raised as your lips moderately parted.

"Oh-" You slowly sat up as he pushed his ID through the slot. "Good evening, Francis," you nodded as you took the small card. "Where's your Entry Request slip?"

He hummed, patting himself a couple of times. "Oh." He seemed to realize that he didn't have it on him, "...I must have dropped it on my way here somewhere," he glanced at his surroundings along the ground.

You felt a little bad. He worked constantly, day in and day out. You chewed your bottom lip, glancing at his ID card once more. The numbers were correct, he looked exactly like his photo, and he was the last person on the list that you were waiting for today.

Ah, what the hell, surely you could give the guy a break. Still leaning forward, you called out to him. "Don't worry about it," you told him, "I'm sure you're tired. Just come on in," you told him before pressing the green button to unlock the heavy steel door.

"Thanks," he sighed, tipping his head and heading inside after he reclaimed his ID card.

After he stepped inside, heading to his apartment, you reclined in your seat anew. Your tense shoulders gradually relaxed, and you let out a soft sigh. The buzzer for the end of your shift sounded. You were free to go home and finally get some sleep!

Locking everything up, you stretched your arms above your head, slightly arching your back. Your footsteps echoed as you climbed the stairs to your apartment, seemingly unaware of the dark eyes watching your every move.