𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 - 𝗀𝗈𝖽𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗆𝗈𝗇𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌

𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 // 𝗀𝗋𝗈𝗌𝗌 𝗆𝖾𝗇, 𝖽𝖾𝗋𝗈𝗀𝖺𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀

It was Thursday.

Almost a whole business week has gone by, and Abby still hasn't said a word to me. And to be fair, I haven't said much to her either.

Okay maybe I'm overreacting.
Abby wasn't immature in that way, but there's been a noticeable difference in her behavior.

We never kissed before. I established that with her pretty early on, and sometimes I wanted to kick myself for making such a stupid rule considering everything else I allowed, but it's safe to say that she hasn't touched me since.
No more cuddling on the couch, no more handsy massages, and definitely no more nights where we'd share a bed together even though we had no reason to.

Technically, this is what I asked for.

I told her to stop doing these things- stop acting this way towards me.
I guess I wasn't prepared for what it would feel like.

I was trying to enjoy the last few minutes of silence I had before I had to leave for my shift, scrolling mindlessly on instagram.

I don't know what compelled me to type in her username, but I did.

*typing*

𝖴𝗌𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽

I should've stopped there, but I didn't.
I tried multiple variations of her name- capitalized E and W, adding numbers that I thought would be of significance to her. I even scrolled through my blocked list, but there was nothing.

Maybe she blocked me or deleted her account, either way it's probably for the best.

I hear the doorknob turn, and I look up from the couch as Abby opens it.

Quickly, I lock my phone and set it face down on the cushion, my heart rate jumping a little higher like I almost had been caught for doing something I shouldn't have been doing.

"Hey." I said with a sigh, crossing my arms over my stomach.
I felt awkward, and I know she felt it too.

"Hey."

At least she acknowledged me.

I watched her as she kicked her shoes off, and walked around the coffee table, plopping down on the opposite end of the couch with an audible sigh.

She looked exhausted, her usual neat pulled back hairstyle was loose, causing multiple stands of hair to fall from her hairline.

"Long day?" I asked as I sat up, leaning forward to show my engagement.

Subtly, I wanted her to know that despite everything, I still cared.

She chuckles, but more in a way to mock my understatement.
"Yeah, you could say that."

Her neck is resting over the back of the couch as she says this, staring up at the ceiling before lifting her head to look at me.
Her eyes were on mine before flickering downwards, "Thought you'd be gone already." She mumbled, her tone suggesting something that I couldn't pinpoint- disgust, desire, I don't know.

"Huh-?" I looked down, and noticed that my zip up jacket was only partially zipped, showing off most of my breasts with very little mesh in the way.

I zipped it the remainder of the way up, and stood, grabbing my duffle bag to toss its strap over my shoulder.

"Yeah, I should be. I'll see you tomorrow, Abs."

I was annoyed, and I didn't know why.

"Thought you'd be gone by now."