2.21

★ ⁂ ✦ ⁑ ✶ ⁎ ⋆

as promised, heeseung had gone to pick jake up after the younger's last class of the day. he was there on the dot, just waiting for jake to walk out of the classroom to take him back to the dorms.

at least that's what jake thought, heeseung had other plans for them though. jake hadn't noticed heeseung had other plans until they were in the parking lot right next to heeseung's car.

heeseung opened the passenger's door and gestured for jake to step in.

the latter looked at heeseung with a confused smile, "are we going somewhere?" he asked expecting a reply from the other, but it wasn't clear.

heeseung actually didn't say anything, he just gestured for jake to get inside the car again and jake obliged though hesitant.

the ride wasn't that long but jake wouldn't deny it felt like forever with only the music interrupting the silence between the two, and the fact that he had no idea where heeseung was taking him.

after about thirty minutes they had made it to namsan tower. jake felt nostalgic. the first and only time he ever visited namsan was with his and heeseung's family when they were around fifteen.

it was also the very first time jake saw heeseung differently, but in that moment he discarded those thoughts and feelings.

it was snowing that day, and they were having fun running around namsan park while their parents just stayed seated in a bench a bit far.

jake was chasing after heeseung with a fist full of snow while the latter was trying to avoid being thrown that snow. somehow they ended up too far from their parents sight, and as heeseung realized this he got a little distracted and tripped over a tree branch.

a loud 'oomph' was heard from the older boy.

jake, being so set on catching heeseung, didn't stop in time and ended up tripping over heeseung and rolling beside him.

they groaned and laughed at the funny tragedy.

"why don't you watch where you're running hee?!" jake complained as he blew on a newly formed wound on the back of his left hand.

"hey, you tripped over me! why didn't you see where you were running?" heeseung retaliated as he sat up. he smiled and laughed as he did so, glancing at jake, which immediately caused his face to change. his relaxed eyebrows furrowed and his smile turned upside down as he scurried towards jake in worry.