black escalation.

the light unpleasantly blasted into my eyes as baba opened up the curtains. and it was really sunny. scarily sunny with the fact that there's been pelting rain. "baba~" i groaned. i covered my blinded eyes with my arms.

"you need to wake up, wooyo, your bus arrives in an hour. and don't even get me started on how long you take to get ready." 

i poked my bottom lip out with discontentment and uncovered my eyes. "but baba-"

"don't make me repeat myself, jung wooyoung," he lashed back, his bushy grey eyebrow flying up with lighthearted threat.

i suppressed a groan, being cautious of my attitude towards the person that's not only older, but the only reason why i'm still alive to this second.

"gigi made dorayaki~!" gigi called from my door, peaking her eyes from the doorway with the unforgettable beam she obtained.

my favorite. the fluffy, moist pancake stuffed with the perfect amount of light, soft whipped cream and thick sweet anko. i shot my body up, my attention not going anywhere else except on the delectable dorayaki.

within no time, i was sitting at the dining table, stuffing my face with the most delicious thing i've ever had. gigi's dorayaki.

"don't eat all of it! baba needs som-" as gigi was turning around the corner, she saw a white plate decorated with a few crumbs. her innocent gaze shifting back and forth between the plate and me, who had their mouth stuffed with who knows how much dorayaki.

"sorry," i said, words muffled, but still audible.

she grinned and let out a small chuckle. "i'm glad you liked it." she said while taking the plate towards the kitchen. "it's okay. you can go get ready, i'll make more for him."

i dashed into my room and threw on my uniform. 

moving into the bathroom, i started with the first step, and the most prioritized step: my hair.

the straightener glided across my hair that now shined with perfection. i grinned with satisfaction. my eyes were mesmerized by the flawless strands that stood where they belonged. it's going to be a good day today, i just know it.

as i was finishing the rest of my routine with the mandatory hygiene steps, i heard baba shout from afar, "wooyoung, the bus comes in ten minutes! get out of there right now."

i rushed back into my bedroom and obtained my necessities. then i paused and look at the exquisite view that stood out on display. the sky blue and beautiful, the trees looking healthier and greener then they've ever been, and the darling tulips that stood in perfect order. 

but i snapped back into reality and headed towards the living room to grab my lunch and stuff it into my hulking bag that sunk my shoulders.

"bye gigi! bye baba! i love you, have a good day," i yelled, pelting through the door.

fortunately, the bus stop was fairly close to my house, so no sweat was shed on the way there.

i stood at the sheltered bus stop, patiently waiting.

after a few minutes, the bus came to a screeching halt. the door slid open and i cautiously stepped inside, avoiding a fall.

ᯓ★

the bus stopped and the doors opened. that was wooyoung's cue to get off. as he was walking towards the school his pocket vibrated.

gigi ♡

Young-ah
If you want Tteokboki tonight, make
sure to stop by the grocery store in town. 
Can you get rice cakes and chives? 
Thank you, Sweetie. Have an amazing day! ❤

wooyoung smiled and liked the text.

as he was making his way towards school, an arm was flung around his shoulder. "having a nice day?"

wooyoung stopped in his tracks the minute he recognized the voice. and this is what lead to where he's standing now.

brutally, the boy was shoved into the wall. he let a wince leave his torn up lips.

"what are you gonna do about it? cry to your mom?" he chuckled despicably. " oh wait, where is she?" he taunted with a playful smirk. a couple of giggles and snickers were heard by a couple of bystanders and his minions. "she's up there." he pointed up slowly while digging his finger nails into the poor boy's shoulder.

"get off of me!" wooyoung shrieked, pushing him off. he looked around at the people who were covering their laughs. he was disgusted. what's so funny about someone getting beaten for not having a mom?

then someone caught his eye. he wasn't laughing, but his eyes weren't welcoming either. his sharp eyes were stone cold, to the point it felt intimidating. the blonde and slicked back mullet the other had was drop-dead flawless, each strand perfectly in place and a couple pieces hanging right below his eyebrows. an eyebrow piercing to touch up the intimidating look along with other piercings on his ears, countless. how is he not suspended yet?

and then a hand hit him, in the face, and it was hard. everything fell pitch black.