Chapter -1 Saving a friend?

"Kelly!", Hannah screamed as she tried to catch hold of her collapsing friend.

"I-I am so sorry guys...I don't know what had gotten into me-", Kelly choked through her tears.

"It's OK, we got you back now, we are so glad it worked!", Darbie exclaimed with tears running down her cheeks, but they were happy ones.

"We can be together again now", Hannah said gently.

"Yeah, it's all in the past Kell", Darbie agreed.

"Mhm-mmm", Kelly nodded her head, stifling her tears, muffled words not coming out of her mouth.

Kelly collapsed again on her bean bag chair and Hannah got worried. Kelly reassured it was out of shock and that she was alright.

Darbie who had plans to go out with Kelly and Hannah for ice-cream and a little celebration of their own on occasion of Kelly's belated birthday, decided to let go of them for today.

"Let's give Kelly space for a little while now Hannah. Kelly, you know you ought to talk to Grandma Q, she's been through a lot in the past few weeks".

"I und-understand, I know, she-she's my grandma, it's horrible- how I treated her-"

"Kelly, relax", Hannah tried to calm her down and gently patted her back. "I know you are feeling overwhelmed right now and us being here is too much for you especially after-

"You tried to keep the cookbook forever with us three as its protectors-", Darbie said out of instinct.

"Darbie!", Hannah growled.

"Oh, I am so so sorry but we stopped it in time-"

"It's ok, I deserve it ", Kelly said wiping tears off with her sleeve.

"We need to go-", Hannah said impatiently.

"But-" , Darbie protested but Hannah dragged her off downstairs, afraid that Darbie might blurt out something instinctively which might hurt Kelly.

Kelly was alone in her room. She looked down at the memories she had created with Darbie and Hannah, gently brushing her fingers past them, she could still feel and hear those memories, as if she was there. She began to think something, and a smug smile ran across her face.

"Alas", she said walking away from the wall of memoirs now. "Hannah and Darbie have put in so much effort for me...they truly are my bestfriends". A tear escaped her eye. "It would be such a shame when they truly understand my intentions...my ideals", she gently caressed a picture of them three together when they were eleven year olds. " It would be a waste if I let them know...it would be a disgrace to let them learn of what they let their dear friend become...", she said croakily, her voice no more than a whisper.

"I truly want to appreciate them, but I- I know I can't, unless they see me -the true me, I can't- can't let them see that I-I...I don't 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒕 what 𝘐 have done", she said smiling, her curtain of hair drooping around her as she bent her neck down, wiping away a tear with her hand and tossing it out of her finger. " 𝘐 don't 𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒕 it at all", she said as she flicked her head lightly and flashed a smug smile as she flipped around her mirror and stared at the notes and the plans.

"Kelly?", a nervous voice whispered at the other side of the door.

It was Grandma Quinn.

"Grandma...", Kelly said weakly as she opened the door. She pulled her hair aside from her face and wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. It had appeared as though she had been crying for a long time. "Kelly, are you alright? Listen to me, sweetie, it was none of your fault", Grandma Quinn said holding Kelly's face in her hands as she stared into her miserable eyes. "I understand this is all too much for you, knowing what you have done, but I need you to know that I'm proud of all the good things that you have done for everyone. I need you to understand that I forgive you, that what you have done was not what you intended, I need you to know that you're my Kelly, and that I love you".

"Thank you grandma", Kelly said as she hugged her grandmother tight.

"I love you Kelly, you're my granddaughter and I will always love you for who are", she said as gently clutched Kelly's arms. "Alright?"

"Yes grandma", Kelly said feebly but with a smile as she looked into her grandmother's glistening eyes becoming moist with tears...

"Let's go out for ice-cream then, just you and me", Grandma said forcing a smile upon her face and wiping away her tears. She went to get her purse. Kelly went and brushed her hair and got ready in a yellow polka-dotted dress with purple flowers as she clipped in a hairclip made of a replica of a purple flower called Wisteria. She looked into her reflection...and smiled. She went downstairs to meet Grandma Quinn and they went outside.