First time lies and diamond rings. (4)

There was an ache in the side of her neck as Efia slowly rose out of bed on Saturday morning. The only thing she hated about drinking on Friday was how her hangovers ruined Saturday mornings, they were always such lovely mornings. Luckily, she wasn't the type to vomit when she was hungover, so she didn't need to rush to the toilet. She quickly opened her window to get some crisp November air into her room before dragging herself to the bathroom. She was one of the lucky few people to have a bathroom that was directly in her dorm room.

After coming home last night, she had prayed Oscar and Millie were too drunk to remember her and William lying about getting married. The thought made her skin crawl, her married to a billionaire fancy pants like William? It sounded like a nightmare; he'd probably make her go to all those boring events rich people love to flaunt themselves at on Instagram. Not to mention the fact hat, quite frankly, she wasn't sure her neck would survive it. The bruises were turning dark purple as she brushed her teeth and spat.

She had a quick shower before moisturising her face and putting on her golden hoops earrings. They made her feel pretty. She ended up laying down in her bed with her phone in hand, aimlessly scrolling through Twitter when "ABI MY BABBBYYYGIRRRRLLL" began calling her.

"Why are you calling so early, lil bro. You know I drank too much last night." Efia giggled at the name she always used to call the girl who was even shorter than her.

"So when were you going to tell me? Do you guys think this stuff is funny? Oh my god, is it like a "we're going to argue all day so we can fuck all night" type thing?" Abigail started rambling on and on and Efia felt like she was still drunk; she had no idea what SAbigail was even talking about.

"Abigail. Are you high on something? I have no idea what you're trying to say girl." Efia rubbed her temple, was Abigail talking about something from last night.

"...Ok, Effie, sign into twitter right now. And click #MRSRAYCROFTLAW." Abigail hated to be the bearer of bad news, but she felt so insanely confused about the whole situation as well; had they been pretending to argue to keep their engagement on the down-low? She had noticed they seemed to stare at each other a lot....!

Efia felt her head spinning as she did as she was told and saw the same picture over and over again, generating various difference discourses with anywhere near 50k likes to 200k.

A picture of her with her eyes shut, leaning back against William as his head was in the crook of her neck, one hand on her hip and the other on her breast. She felt like the ceiling was about to fall on her. People had managed to find her name:

@.UYUYKISS: OMG ! i knew i recognised her, her name's efia!! she's at cambridge too!!! she always  tops the scoreboard, maybe they met studying together ?? 

1.1MILLION VIEWS. 309K RETWEETS. 423K LIKES.

@.JUJU: IS THE RING ON HIS FINGER THEIR ENGAGEMENT RING?? NO WAY BRUH. also why's he grabbing her titty like that lmao no one stealing her from you bruh 💀

2.2 MILLION VIEWS. 797K RETWEETS. 816K LIKES

Efia wanted to bang her head into the wall. This was all that idiot's fault;  Oscar must have done this, and all because William kept pushing him. She'd let her desire for revenge lead her into foolishness, and now the whole world thought the next CEO of Raycroft was going to marry her. She prayed her mother's friends hadn't sent her this photo, her parents were quite Christian so they didn't really use social media, but they did love some WhatsApp gossip, what Ghanaian parents didn't?