!3!

a few days later she was working at The Seaside Bar . the only thing she hated about leaving, was leaving this bar behind.  it was her happy place. with the sun that would shine through the openings in the shack windows and porch. the vibrance of everything was like nothing you'd ever seen. the walls were painted every color you could think of. magenta, lilac, popping yellow, and a bright blues. chairs were wooden like the floor and bar top. many lights hung haphazardly creating a pretty mess. and to the far right there was a good sized stage with a mic and three stools. 

shed been working here for 2 years but she worked as a waitress for 4 years before that. her boss stacy loved her. she was like the mother she never had. 

stacy had been restocking liquor and was now cleaning a few tables off. she was tall, and dark from tanning. her long brown hair was in braids and she had looked annoyed.

"whats up?" blu asked her eyebrows pulled together. I didn't really focus on the sweeping I was doing.

"john closed last night-he did a shit job. the bar area looks fine but the tables haven't been cleaned. I swear if you werent leaving I'd fire him and give you a raise." she said wiping the lime green table in three swift strokes.

"I can help you look for another closer if you want. i mean ive worked with him a few times and lets just say he can be rude." cardin bent down and swept up the last little bit of mess into the dust pan. 

walking over the the trash can, dumping out the nastiness in it, she clipped the dustpan to the broom. "honestly if you could help me that would be great. i really need someone to replace him and you. itll be easy to find one for john but for you-pffft i am screwed." she walked to the trash can and places the spray bottle and rag on top of it. 

"I'm the one that's screwed your the best." cardin says closing the space and giving stacy a hug. stacy takes it wholeheartedly and starts patting her back.

"I'm gonna miss you kid." she adjusts her head onto blu's. 

__

it was around eleven or twelve when cardin was interrupted by some jackass.

"hey darlin' can I get some help over here?" he said waving his fat fingers at her.

perv

"maryy!!" she yells to the back, her hands in the bubbly sink water. a perky, short blonde comes out smiling. "can you quit messing around and do your job. please? table seven needs your help." blu looks down and starts scrubbing again.

her smile vanishes. " uhm sorry! yes ma'am I'll get right on it." mary shuffles over to the man at the back.

in mary's defense it was hard to hear anything. the local band was playing loud and people were growing bored. it was also her first week.

stacy left earlier to go check on her dogs. she  normally did but something seemed off about tonight's crowd. 

almost like impending doom. thought blu

once she was done with dishes she turned around and walked into the kitchen. 

"eyyy hola senorita- quiero saber El resultado del partido de fútbol?" Mateo asked with a large grin on his face. Mateo is a tall fit 25 year old with chocolate hair. he had his signiture seaside bar apron on.

(for those who dont know he is asking if she wants to know the score of the football match*soccer*) 

"por supuesto mejor amigo!" she pats his shoulder to look at the small screen near the entrance.

(of course bestie *best friend*)

"son 3 a 1." he says flipping a burger patty. 

(its 3 to 1)

mateo was quite an attractive man. other than being tall and having cute hair he had freckles on his cheekbones. his eyes were so earthly and rich like chocolate, his eyelashes were so long. much longer than blu's and she was jealous for it.

she slung her arm around his shoulder and squealed when argentina made a goal at the last second securing the win.

 Mateo been there longer than blu had his mother became a US citizen around the time he was born. Spanish is our way of communicating even though he can speak English.

their own secret language. 

Mateo was like her best friend this was another hard part about leaving.

"pasame un pan de hamburgu-"cardin hold out her hand.

(pass me a hamburgar bu-)

"what are you doing asshole? huh? don't touch my girl-" Blu stopped hearing the familiar voice of the fat man.

she left mateo where he was and walked back into the dimly lit bar.  seeing the ugly, fat man stand up from his chair, obviously drunk. she walked towards them. music still blaring some bob marley song. twisting through the people I see mary off to the side looking frightened.

"sir I did't touch I swear." she saw a well dressed man who seemed very sober standing as well.

"is there a problem here gentlemen?' cardin stands almost between them. looking at both. "there shouldn't be. and if there is take it outside." 

the pigly man goes out of the bar and so does the sober one.

mary comes rushing towards me. 

"I'm so sorry I didn't know what to do..i-i just froze. the lady made such a big fuss over nothin-" the blonde looked like she might cry.

"hey hey, its okay why don't you go back to Mateo and get some food. I'll let Stacy know what happened. we close shortly anyway. "

the girl nodded and went to the back.

Cardin made her way over to the mic to make the 15 min announcement.

"ladies and gentlemen, the seaside bar will be closing in fifteen minutes. thank you."

y'all idk why that took so long for me to write. idk if I like it either.

💕

maddy