2.

-

Creak.

The door had to creak at the last minute, and Valera cursed under her breath, hoping that everyone was still asleep.

It was early in the morning, and Valera was sneaking back inside of her house after leaving the chateau, after she made sure John B was still alive, of course.

"..what are you doing?" Valera startled quickly turned around, and she chuckled, letting out a nervous laugh.

"Dad! I was just um.." Valera trailed, looking for some excuse,

"..looking for Sarah." She lied and nervously smiled, but her father didn't seem to notice her nervousness.

"I thought you stayed with Sarah last night on the boat along with wheezie?" Ward questioned with a small raised eyebrow.

"Oh, I did? Yeah, I did. Of course I did because of the air conditioning." Valera replied,

Ward stared at her for a second before walking away, and Valera sighed, "Yeah, love you too, dad,"

"Oh, I love you too, Valera, you are the best daughter ever." She muttered under her breath, mocking her father.

She shook her head and headed upstairs and towards her room.

She opened the door to her room and walked inside, closing the door.

"Where have you been?" Valera let out a small scream, jumping back, before letting out a deep breath.

"Jesus, Rafe! What are you? A Disney villain? All you need is a cat, and you're all set." Valera said,

Rafe was sitting in her chair, arms crossed over his chest.

"Val, where have you been?" Rafe questioned again, but it seemed like he knew he just wanted Valera to confirm it.

"Didn't you hear? I was with Sarah last night on the boat cause air conditioning and all." Valera replied,

Rafe rolled his eyes, "I know you were with the pogues last night. Topper told me What were you doing with them Val?"

"Wow, what a snitch!" Valera gasped, and Rafe just stared at her, and she sighed.

"They're my friends, Rafe." She told him, and Rafe scoffed,

"Like hell they are, val. Those pogues are bad news, and I don't want you around them." He told her,

Valera shrugged, "Tough."

Rafe stood up, glaring down at her, "Valera."

She stared up at him, "Rafe."

Rafe sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Val, listen to me, I don't want to see you getting hurt. Those pogues are trouble."

Valera sighed, "Rafe," she grinned at him ," I am the trouble."

Rafe groaned, " I'm serious here!"

"Me too. " Valera moved around her room, grabbing clothes from the drawer or closet.

Rafe took a deep breath, calming himself down.

"I don't want you hanging around them anymore, val, and I am serious. If I hear or see you around them, I'll kill them." Rafe threatened,

Valera turned to face, "murder is illegal, Rafe, more illegal than drugs, which I know you take."

Rafe rolled his eyes, "whatever. Shower, you smell like beer and pogue."

Valera let out a small laugh, "was that supposed to be an insult?"

"No." Rafe replied before he walked out of Valera's room, but he backed up, coming back inside, turning to face Valera.