Chapter 11

True to her words I took a long and well deserved break in what she referred to as the 'lobby' area when truly it was the most fancy room I have ever been in. The reality of this whole situation looming over me but nonetheless I was shortly out of my thoughts from 2 maids. One who looked substantially older and a young girl you appeared in her 20s from first glance they looked to be mother and daughter and I found it quite odd how apparent it was there was no even hiding it. I didn't even get to ask for their names or chat to them before they led me out of the area to a small en-suite room. As soon as I stepped inside I was directed without second thought to the bathroom and told to shower then place my undergarments and the robe. In so many ways I was relieved as I honestly thought they would do one of those weird bath-tub rinses in which they would assist me but I figured it was my mind playing tricks on me. 

After I was done as I was instructed I re-entered the room feeling quite bare in just under-garments and a bathing robe but the maids did not even spare a glance at it. I watched in total confusion of the situation as they both started pampering me up with make-up and manicuring my nails and so forth. It watched them work flawlessly and I really did wonder that if I never met both of the maids like this what type of people they would actually be like because they both gave me sweet and nice auras even though I have never even spoken to both of them.

Once they were appeased with their work they started to dress me up and during this I noticed the clothes on the bed and hatred and rage started to course through me. I know you're probably wondering how clothing can do that well to be frank they had laid out a corset stockings and a beautiful tight fitting red dress with a high right thigh slit. The material was silky and flawless and the seams were done to absolute perfection. Something about the whole demeanour and design of the dress alerted me that it was hand done which only added to the beauty of it. Whilst the dress truly enhanced me I was wondering two things. 

One why is there a corset set because there was now way in hell I was wearing that no matter what and two why on earth was I expected to dress up like this. Yes she briefed me on the formality of dinners in the family but I don't think I really ever understood it until now because if these people really thought and expected me to dress up like this three times a day they have another thing coming for them.

Like she naturally sensed my confusion, the older maid answered my subconscious questions and it was heartwarming to know that somebody understood me without me even having to say the words. "I know you're probably very confused but todays dinner is very important so we picked out an extra important dress and had it tailored to you and hopefully your liking. I hope this is adequate for tonight but just to quickly brief you this is a special evening as it is your first dinner with the Gonzalez family so it has to be the most spectacular and I know I am technically not suppose to tell you this but I figured that it would really help you but the whole Gonzalez family is out there tonight to meet Santiago's Fiance and to be wife. 

So it will be quite the evening. Anyways I hope that helps in whatever way possible to ease your confusion." "Sorry I never really caught your name" Esmeralda answered the older maid. "Well Esmeralda do you happen to know why the whole Gonzalez family is here and I was never informed" "Well to be honest with you and as I am very sure you can already tell I have been working here long to enough to have helped other women who were to be wed into the Gonzalez family and it is a unspoken tradition fo the entirety of their family to be here on your very first dinner and for the rest of the week. As sad as it is it is meant to be a surprise for the bride and throughout the whole dinner they somehow silently evaluate you. Not that they can get rid of you or anything, it is just kind of how they have done it for generations and it seems that they intend to continue the tradition."

 She answered me so honestly and it surprised me as well as disgusted me that these people had the audacity to carry out such a sick tradition such as this one every time they had a new bride and never even mentioned it to her. I smiled kindly at Esmeralda and through the flowing and continuous conversation I learnt that the younger maids name was Flora. I bid them farewell as I did a final spin and check on my outfit and believe it or not Flora and Esmaralda again like a silent intuition sensed by deep hate for wearing the corset and complimented me on how I did not even have to wear it and the curved where already which just warmed my heart and helped me relax knowing that at least for today I was able to escape that sick norm here. I was counting up to 5 minutes for my big reveal to the family and I was totally stuck.

 Did I smile or seem mad or contain a rage filled face hoping they hated me enough to get rid of me quickly and finally I settled on the poker face until they look at me and if anybody smiles I return the kind gesture although meeting some of this family I am sure I will not be doing a lot of smiling tonight.

Time was moving so quick that the walk with Santiago himself totally slipped my mind but I suppose that I just added it to my list of things to be nervous tonight and before I could process what was happening two male guards came to escort me down to the dining room at the top of the steps. They were twin steps in the middle of the dining room making it the focus attention for everyone and from here I could here Santiago opposite me frustrated on the phone in Spanish. 

I was only able to sneak a quick glance at him but I was abe to see he was wearing the most tailored suit I have ever seen and know you may ask why but every cut was for for his shape not even a milli-metre off which was quite unnerving when I thought back to the fact of how perfect he is in every possible way but I suppose now is the moment when I meet the faces that is I am lucky which I never am are the faces I will never see again but I never end up to be the lucky one in the room never not ever.