fifteen

Avengers Tower, New York, U.S - 2016 (Present)

Steve felt happy the last two years were rough, that's why he was completely dedicated to his work. The first six months after SHIELD fell were filled with medical visits, intense training, and lots of planning alongside his teammates, making the Avengers a functional team was a lot of work, the last two years also were filled with missions all over the globe invading old HYDRA bases and looking for Loki's scepter, it was exhausting, but it also was his job. When he wasn't working, training, or coordinating the team he'd attend the V.A. meetings with Sam, Steve's goal was to keep his mind hyper-busy all of the time to stop it from traveling back in time revisiting memories about a certain agent.

Despite not being the greatest fan of parties, he was happy and relaxed at this one, the Avengers Tower was filled with all different types of people to celebrate the team and the successful conclusion of the mission, Loki's scepter was finally retaken and soon it would be back in Asgard far from earth and humanity. Steve, Clint, and Sam were teaching Thor to play pool alongside other Veterans who were invited to the party, the god finally managed to understand the game and play it, Thor was hyper-competitive so he could get better in any game in a matter of minutes. The pool table was located on the second story of the main living area, so the group could watch the party happening under them.

Thor had just pocketed two balls, leaving only ball number eight on the game, luckily for Sam and Clint the god missed it so it was their turn to play - Come on Sam, that's our opportunity to win over a god and a supersoldier and brag about it forever - Clint said hyping up his teammate - Too bad he doesn't have your aim - Steve spoke taking a sip of his scotch and Sam missed the ball by a millimeter. Steve walked around the table looking for the perfect spot to hit the white ball and bump the black ball away from the table. The supersoldier lowered his body and focused his vision on the white ball, after hitting it with just the right amount of pressure the white ball slowly rolled until it bumped against the black ball and pocketed it, everyone around the soldier cheered as he won the game, Thor happily chugged his beer and even Clint commemorated despite losing, but Steve was frozen.

When the white ball rolled away Steve's vision unfocused from it leaving his sight clear to the glass elevator that led to under them, once the doors opened a figure wearing an electric pink tulle shirt too transparent for Steve's liking, a pair of black pants and a blazer over his shoulders walked in. The supersoldier did not need to look at the person's face to acknowledge who it was, the way he walked, how his arms rested next to his body and the way attention was naturally drawn to him screamed Victor, but Rogers looked at the male's face just to enjoy it a bit and, as expected, he was Victor Clarke walking inside - Steve? - Sam watching his friend completely paralysed - What's wrong man? - Sam asked following the direction of Steve's gaze and meeting Victor - Nothing is wrong - Steve reassured getting back up and drinking everything that was inside of his glass - Okay then... - Clint spoke sharing a concerned look with Sam.

Victor looked around the room as soon as the elevator door opened, and his eyes instantly crossed Natasha's, the redhead smiled and excused herself from the conversation she was having and walked at a fast pace towards Victor - Hi! - She said excitedly - Hello - He said back smiling - It's good to know it wasn't an AI answering my messages and that you are actually alive - Natasha joked grabbing Victor's arm and leading him to the bar - What messages? - The agent joked ordering something fruity and sweet to drink - So... - Natasha trailed off trying to find a way to address the fifty elephants in the room - Yeah... - Victor added also drifting away - Have you seen him? - Natasha asked - No, I. wanted to, but after what you told me I guess It would be unfair to him - Victor said - Still, you're here - Natasha added and Victor shifted his position to drink the "pink lady" the barman served him.