Chapter 8

BROOKLYN'S POV:

I hear Alex say something couldn't make out what it was though. Then she said it again and I heard what it was. "Guys there's something out there" I could hear the panic in her voice rising. She runs to the bedroom and comes back with guns with silencers on them and walkie-Talkies. She gave a gun and a walkie-talkie to Kenji,One to Darius, one to Sammy, and one to me so she had two guns left.She then asks "Ben do you want one?"
"Sure," he replied with a hint of worry.
"Ok"Alex said, tossing him a gun and a walkie, then running back to the bedroom and coming back with another gun and a black duffel bag.
"What's in the bag?" Kenji questions
"Food, a survival kit, a first-aid, and some throwing knives" she replies
"Why do you have two guns?" Ben asked
"Ones for me one's for Yaz" She responds "Lets go" she walks to the elevator and clicks the button. I get up and walk to the elevator, Kenji soon follows after Darius, then lastly Ben.

We have been wandering around the island for hours so we stop to take a break and sit against a tree. The leaves start rustling then something jumps out and Kenji screams, then he sees that it's Yaz.Yaz is on all fours panting, taking what sounded to be painful heavy breaths.
"There's a dinosaur... on the east side of ...the ...park... it's coming... they already evacuated, we can't leave...there's nothing at the docks. ''She''She says in between breaths. She slowly stands up, then leans against a tree. I throw her the gun. Then she gets a hold of her breath and says "We have to go, somewhere, anywhere not here, the camp'' There's a hint of worry in her voice. The jungle fell dead silent and at that very moment we started to run.
                                         ###
We made it back to camp and it was destroyed. Yaz screams and drops to her knees. Darius looks at the wreck seeming unable to process, Sammy just stands there like her mind is in space. Ben unzips his fanny pack and sanitizes his hands. I walk over to Alex and hug her burying my head in her shoulder. She wraps her arms around me and cries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALEX'S POV:
I stand there, my wolf ears out and my arms wrapped around Brooklyn. I'm crying, and everyone else is too. After crying, we devise a plan to build a new base with the supplies.

THREE POOPS LATER

Everything has been good. We had explosive dirrariaa but we are all fine now. We hadn't seen the dinosaur at all.We were talking when Yaz suddenly gets irritated with Brooklyn and slaps her across the face. Brooklyn takes it like a champ then punches Yaz right in the gut equally as hard. Yaz falls to the ground then gets up and slaps Brooklyn again then punches her in the face causing her nose to bleed.Brooklyn then punches Yaz in the gut with so much force that Yaz hits a tree then Brooklyn gets on top of her and throws punches left and right.I pull her off of Yaz and drag her to the medical corner and clean up her nose bleed.
"Why'd you punch her?"I asked once we were done.
"Because I did,she slapped me across the face twice"Brooklyn said
"Yes I saw that but violence is never the answer,"I responded
"Fine I'll apologize to her"She said, rolling her eyes and she started walking away before I stopped her. She looks at me and I say."Take a breath Brooklyn,"she took a breath and smiled at me. "Also don't get discouraged if she doesn't forgive you right away."She nods, hugs me and walks away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BROOKLYN'S POV:
I walk over to Yaz who's lying on the ground.She's talking to Sammy and as I walk into her line of vision her smile drops.
"Hey Sammy,can I talk to Yaz for a bit?"I ask
"Sure," she replies, stands up, and walks away.
"Hey Yaz,"I say with sorrow in my voice
"What do you want?"She asks, agitated
"I uh I wanted to say sorry for punching you"
"Don't be, you were just protecting yourself,I'm sorry for slapping you,I shouldn't have done it I should have walked away.So Im sorry"Yaz replies looking at me.
"So we cool?"I question
"Yeah...In other news, who's your crush?"Yaz questions, changing the subject.
"I don't know...I haven't really thought about it, who's yours?"I say looking at the ground
"Sammy,"She replies with a smile.We sit there in silence for a minute then she says, "On sort of the same topic,I think Ben is gay."
"I know, right?I think Kenji likes him,"I say
"Kenji sooo likes him"She replies, "Anyways I'm going to go talk to Sammy, bye"She says with a smile on her face,getting up and starting to walk away.
"Alright bye"I get up and walk off towards the tree house looking base.I climb the ladder (that we made out of tree branches)and walk to the girl bedroom-which is really just a semi damaged bunk bed and the king  size bed we had found in the rubble-then I walked up the stairs and climb onto the roof so I could watch the sunset.

909 words