Chapter 1 Learning about Having Cancer and Meeting

It was early April. It was nice and warm and sunny out. Hot shot, Hoist, Medix, Whirl and Wedge all woke up bright and early that morning. However they all noticed something. They each noticed they had a really bad headache.

Hot shot was wondering why his head was hurting he came into the kitchen. "Good morning Hot shot," Quickshadow.

"Good morning son," Heatwave said.

"Mummy, daddy my head hurts," Hot shot said.

"You have headache?" Quickshadow asked.

"Yes," Hot shot said. "It hurts," he said.

Quickshadow gave Hot shot some medicine for his headache. Hot shot sat down and tried to relax.

At Hoist's home, he came into the kitchen holding his head. "Good morning Hoist," Linecross said.

"Good morning son," Towlaunch said.

"Mommy, daddy my head hurts," Hoist said.

"Sounds like someone has a headache," Linecross said. Then she gave him some medicine to help. Hoist sat down and tried to enjoy his breakfast.

At Medix's house he came up to his parents and uncle right away. "Good morning Medix," Redcross said.

"Good morning son," Medicate said.

"Good morning to you Medix," Ratchet said.

"Mommy, daddy, uncle Ratchet my head hurts," Medix said.

"Sounds like somebody has headache," Redcross said.

"A little children's painkiller will help," Medicate said.

Medix was given the medicine. "Just try to relax until the medicine works," Ratchet told him. Medix sat down to do so.

At Whirl's house she came into the kitchen. "Good morning Whirl," Airlift said.

"Good morning sweetie," Skyspot said.

"My head hurts," Whirl said.

"That can easily be taken care of," Airlift said and gave her medicine.

Whirl sat down and began to relax.

Wedge came into the kitchen at his house. "Good morning Wedge," Paintstroke said.

"Good morning son," Dugout said.

"Good morning little brother," Heavyload said.

"Good morning younger brother," Gridlock said.

"Morning little bro," Hightower said.

"My head hurts," Wedge said.

"I have some medicine for kids to help with that," Paintstroke said and gave him the medicine.

Wedge sat down and began to relax a bit to wait for the medicine to work.

However the medicine didn't seem to be working. They had to take it a few more times that day. The headaches woke them up a night that night. They had the headache still in the morning. They came to their parents and complained about it. They were given more medicine to help.

Then a couple of days later they woke up with not only a bad headache they were still having but also feeling sick to their stomachs. They came up to their parents that morning.

"My head and tummy hurts," Hot shot told his parents.

"My head and tummy hurt," Hoist said to his parents at his house.

At Medix's house he was with his parents and uncle. "My head and tummy really hurt," Medix said to them.

Whirl was with her parents. "My head and tummy hurt," she told them.