1 - The Day Started Normal

Lily's POV:

Hey! My name is Liliana Hartford, but my friends call me Lily. I have this super curly, Jet black hair that ends around my elbows and grass green eyes. I have a natural tan because I spend a lot of time sunbathing by the outdoor pool. My house is really big because my father is a super successful matchmaker, he even has his own show!

Now I know what you're thinking: She's probably a mean girl that thinks she is better than everyone else because she has money! But I promise I am actually really nice. Unless you hurt me or my friends then, I recommend running. But otherwise I'm a really good friend!

My friend group is pretty small, it only has 4 people including me. In it there is: Me, Trevor, Alice, and Annabeth. Trevor has light blue eyes and dirty blond hair, he is pretty muscular because he's on the basketball team. But he isn't a mean jock, he's really a big softy. Alice and Trevor have been dating for about 2 months. Alice has dark blue eyes and blond, almost white hair that lies straight against her back. She is a cheerleader but not a stereotypical mean one, but she still loves her gossip. The final person is Annabeth. She has Golden-blond curly hair, but her hair is in these princess curls unlike my untamable lions mane. And stormy grey, calculating eyes.

Annabeth is pretty enough to be one of the popular girls, but she is also really smart. So, she hangs out with us the kids in between. Guys are always asking her out but she shuts them down with "I have a Boyfriend" and if that's not good enough for them she might just judo-flip them. Alice, Trevor, and almost every other kid in school doesn't believe her. But I do, why would she lie, especially to her friends?

When I walk into school on Monday I head straight for my locker. On the way to my locker I pass Alice and Trevor being all in love. I wave as I walk past them, and they give me a wake back. When I arrive at my locker I put my books in and take my English book out, because I have English first. On my way to first period I run into Annabeth. When she sees me she walks over from her locker and greets me "Hi!" And I respond with "Hey! How's it going?" She takes a second to think about what to say next, and I look to see Alice and Trevor walking towards us. "Ummm. Nothing much, my camp friends are coming to pick me up today." She tells me. Before I can say something back Alice and Trevor walk up "Hey!" They say simultaneously, Alice smirks at Trevor as he is choking down a laugh. "What are you guys talking about?" Alice continued. "Annabeth just told me her camp friends are coming to pick her up today." I replied. Alice face lights up "Does this mean your 'boyfriend' will be coming?" She asked slyly. Annabeth sighs and answers with "Yes, you can meet him if you want. Just meet me in front of the school after the final bell. Ok?" A look of mischief appears on Alice's face as she opens her mouth to say something, "Yes! We will see you there!" I look over to Alice then continue "Right?" she sighs in defeat "Sure" she mumbles. "Perfect!" Annabeth replies.

Annabeth looks down at her watch and gasps "guys we got to go or we're gonna be late!" She says at lightning speed, I look at the time and realize we have 90 seconds until the bell "Woah! your right, we gotta run!" I quickly add onto Annabeth's statement. We all stuff out a quick "bye" and "See you Later" before running off. Annabeth and I ran to English with 30 seconds left till the bell.

We make it to Mrs. Chico's room with 10 seconds to spare. Annabeth and I took our seats and got our books out just before the bell. Mrs. Chico glared at us with a stern look, but when Annabeth glared back she decided it wasn't worth it. Annabeth's glare was very scary, it looked like she was staring into your soul and finding what you depend on and that ripping it out from under you, thankfully she only gave the teacher and mini glare. And that mini glare was enough.

------------------------------------------------------mini time skip-------------------------------------------------------

During class all I could think about was 'I wonder what her boyfriend is like' or 'I wonder if he is really how she described' and things like that. I was so distracted that I hadn't even noticed that class was over until the bell rang. "Lily, come on!" Annabeth complained to me "Sorry, sorry. I got distracted" I told her as we walked out of the classroom. We might have the same first period but out of the four of us Annabeth had her second period as architecture while the rest of us had History. "Bye! See you in Greek class!" I yelled to her as we parted ways, I saw her say something back but I couldn't hear her over the loud hall. On my way to History I stopped at my locker to exchange my books so I would be ready for class. I then made my way to Mr. Hawkins room, hopefully earlier than late.

When I got there Alice and Trevor were already at their desks. So I took the seat beside Alice and waved to her and Trevor. "Hey," I said "You guys do anything interesting in Science?" Alice scoffed "Yeah, like that would ever happen" she said while chuckling. I turn to Trevor to see if he has anything to add on "I got nothing, that was the perfect answer." He informed me as he started to laugh at his own joke.

After they calmed down, which took a while, I asked the question that was on all our minds "What do you guys think Annabeth's boyfriend is like?" Alice looked at me like she was searching in her mind for the words to express her feelings, after a couple seconds she finally answered "I don't believe he exists." Now I was the one racking my brain for words, how could she still think Annabeth is lying. Annabeth might say some odd things at times, but she never says anything flatout dumb. "Do you really believe Annabeth is dumb enough to say you can meet her boyfriend if there was no boyfriend?" I ask while raising an eyebrow. "No, I just don't think he is really the person she described, if he is, then she is dating a god." Alice replied.

Now that I understood, I mean she described him to have beautiful green eyes, Black hair, and a muscular build because he was a swimmer. "Ok, now that I understand" I told Alice, she was about to say something when the bell rang and Mr. Hawkins came in from the hall. He told us today's lesson plan which sounded very boring, and then he began.

-------------------------------------------------Bigger time skip----------------------------------------------------------

I looked up at the clock and the last bell was finally about to ring. I gathered all my things and started to pack up my bag.

When the bell rang I ran out of the room and to my locker where I organized what I was going to leave here and grabbed what I needed to bring home. I was in a bit of a rush because I didn't want to miss Annabeth's camp friends.

I double checked all my things and went out the front doors, I saw Annabeth waiting there with Alice and Trevor. I went over to join them, when I looked at Annabeth's face she had a smile bigger than the sun and her eyes were practically vibrating with excitement. "Somebody's happy, aren't you?" I asked her, she rolled her eyes but her smile never faltered "Oh, shut up. I haven't seen my boyfriend in a week!" she informed me. I understood that this meant a lot to her. So, I made a smile that mirrored hers and told her "I can't wait to meet your friends, especially your boyfriend." I couldn't help but smirk at what I just said.

A couple seconds later a van pulled up that said Delphi Strawberry Service on the side. When Annabeth saw the van her eyes lit up, but at the sight of what was behind it her face dropped to a look of despair and anger.

Behind the van there was...

WORD COUNT: 1430

Thanks for reading!