Medical Medium PT1 (Short)

Plunge boldly into the thick of life, and seize it where you will, it is always interesting.
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"FREEZE!" I flinched at the booming voice as I stopped moving, I could see two gun barrels pointed at me from behind cover "Real spook you gave us kid...killing our men like that...drop the gun." I slowly and hesitantly obeyed, dropping the gun as two men came out of hiding the one to my left the one who's voice I heard "Now. I'm sorry kid but you know what I gotta do."

I looked over at him "What you gotta do? You ain't gotta do this...no you want to do this." His eyes flashed me a anger as he started to raise the AR "And who are you to talk about what I want?" I shrugged "Just a man without a plan." I looked at the barrel as it poked my chest, he was way too close "No plan is what I usually go with though..." I kicked his knee forcing him down as I got behind him, wrapping my arms around him and pulling the trigger on his rifle killing his companion "SHIT!" He shouted struggling against me "They told us about you! Some lunatic, insane man with military training...I thought they where joking-" I didn't let him finish before I pulled out his side arm blowing a hole through his head. "Joking? Nah..."

I looked up, the trail was still curving up and I was sure to find more at the top...I shook my head as a nagging feeling entered my brain, I was behind in my meds...I have never been behind...but now was not the time to worry. "Ok Y/N...Think...Think...Think damnit!" I mumbled, DR G was based in...Britain...he would take hours to get help and get it here...fuck "Why did you have to work today..." I asked the air; pressing forward. I checked the pistol I now had, a Glock, 10mm...not bad. But I didn't grab extra ammo. I cursed again hiding as I felt a rain of bullets soar past me, each thudding dully into the earth...each pattering like a metronome in my mind. The bullets slowly disappeared, replaced by rotary blades...the gravel of the mine replaced with the steel of floor of a small transport helicopter...I remember this...it was when I was leaving...heading back to Kuwait...heading...to face trial... "This kid has lost it..." I snapped my head over hearing the voice of a random infantryman "Lost it? I think he has destroyed it!" Another said...I turned my attention back to the floor "Lost...Destroyed...either way he isn't a safe person to be around..."

If anything I had learned over my months of therapy...it was that...they...they where right, I opened my eyes staring at the gravel as the bullets kept coming, I checked the mag...eight rounds... "Let's do this then!"

The end! For now. I hope you are enjoying the story...and I will make sure to make the next chapter longer.