°☆•Six•☆°

Enya

She let her thoughts stream freely into Lear's mind as they ran through the forest back towards her father's castle, their paws beating a new track in the long grass as usually, so no one would discover their secret place. 

She wanted him to know how happy and in love she was, how much she valued that he didn't insist on making her leave with him immediately, despite not exactly knowing her reasons for this stalling. However, she let him see some of her worries now as her thoughts wandered-- the possible war they both knew her father might declare against the werewolves if she ran away with him, left the castle without the king's permission, and her unwillingness to be separated from her brothers. She allowed him to see, for the first time, glimpses of her father's cruelty, of her fear that he would inflict upon them what now he only reserved for her... But, given a little more time she would overcome the anxiety of leaving her siblings in his hands, her brothers had their mother to protect them, and if she left home in peace she would always be allowed to see them... Hopefully...

Maybe, just maybe, her father would change his mind about Lear once she introduced her mate to him and Leonore. He had loved her mother after all, she was certain, he loved Leonore now, she could see it. He was capable of loving, he experienced and understood that all consuming feeling... He had no reason for not permitting her to marry Lear, her fated mate, a future alpha of a werew...

Don't rely upon it, Enya. I don't think he'll ever agree, but ask him, if that's what will make you feel happy, Lear spoke in her mind and she locked eyes with him for a fleeting moment, turning back to the ribbon of a path now unwinding under her paws as they neared the castle, when he reminded her to be careful, as always, making her want to smile.

She could feel that he agreed with this decision; he dreaded becoming the cause of a conflict between their families as much as she did. He also feared disappointing his father by running from his responsibilities of leading the Blue Moon pack after him...

Not only that. I want to prepare a home for us, a place where, with a little luck, they won't find us until their rage subsides. Once that time will heal their wounded prides, they might accept our decision... until then... I'll make you my queen in secret...

Enya gasped when the images he sent into her mind reached it, expanding like a blooming flower, filling her entire head-- she could see his vision as clearly as if she walked into the picture. She saw herself disembark from the tiny boat Lear had guided to a small, rocky island surrounded by a heaving, grey sea, took her hand in his and led her up an infinite, slippery stairway winding around the entire islet towards the arched door of a black tower filling the entire top of the rock it stood on, so tall that its tip vanished in the churning, charcoal storm clouds, interspersed with a flock of white seagulls, tossed and scattered above the impetuous waves topped with a layer of white foam so much that they resembled snowflakes, frail and powerless, resigned to their fates... 

It's... beautiful, Lear, she thought, meaning it. She would be happy to spend eternity in that dark, distant tower with him if it meant that they could be together, unreachable to anyone who wanted to separate them.

The isle is in the ocean far beyond the Half Moon's pack territory. No one has lived in the tower for centuries, but I'll make it comfortable for you, Enya. You won't miss anything there until they'll take us back... I hope so, I hope so with all my heart, I only want the best for you...

She felt the same about him. The urge to please him and make him happy was entwined within the great love she felt for him, it was a part of it just like that love was a part of her very being, it was something her father couldn't take from her, no matter what he did.

The sand coloured walls of the castle, looking copper and glimmering like gold in the setting sun, came into view through the trees in front of them and Enya, unwilling to end her moments with Lear slowed down, then stopped as they reached the margins of the forest, only one row of trees separating them from the orchard. 

She lay down and lowered her head upon her grey paws, her eyes intent on the castle she wished she didn't have to enter.

Lear dropped next to her, nuzzling the side of her neck, then licking her ear playfully as he spoke to her in his thoughts.

If you don't feel like going back, we can forget all our plans and run away immediately, we'll find somewhere to hide.

She shook her head, licking him in her turn, then pulled herself up again decisively. 

No, Lear. Let us follow our plans, and try to avoid angering our fathers. I wish our decisions only influenced the fate of the two of us, but it is not so...

Lear closed his eyes briefly in surrender to her reasoning, his thoughts letting her know that he understood and agreed.

His black wolf followed her smaller silver one across the apple orchard, the age-old trees shivering in the evening breeze just like he shivered with pleasure as he watched her morph minutes before she reached for her clothes hidden in the hollow tree, teasing him with the fantasies he knew were playing in her mind as she wrapped her arms around his neck and hid her blushing face in his fur, breathing him in for the last time. The memory of his scent would help her pull through the long days until they would meet again.

A puzzled frown exchanged her coy smile when she found another bundle of clothes wrapped in her own and she threw her garments on her body without care, suddenly feeling watched, then spread the other set of clothes out for Lear to see. They were male. 

"What... does it mean?" she asked, not quite certain about the idea Lear voiced even as he morphed, despite having arrived to the same conclusion.

"It seems like an invitation to me," he said, pulling the simple clothes on. They fitted well enough, which made him believe that they had been observed very closely for quite some time. "I suppose your father decided that it is high time to finally meet me in person."

"Oh no... No, no, no..." Enya muttered, and she had no idea what made her say that. She knew that Lear would have to meet her father sooner or later if she wanted to marry him... But this sudden rush from the king who had refused to meet him when Enya had proposed to introduce her mate soon after they met, felt... ominous. 

She shivered, then wrapped her arms tighly around her body to protect herself from the chilliness of the evening, as well as the pain she was anticipating... And even though her father thought she deserved such a treatment, Lear didn't...

She wrapped her arms around his waist, wanting to protect him, looking up in his eyes. "Go home, Lear. I don't feel good about this."

He raised his eyebrows at her and opened his mouth to ask her to explain even as the arched door hidden by the shadows of the twilight opened, revealing the imposing figure of King Magnus. 

"Do come in, please," he invited, looking at Lear, in a decent enough voice that did not betray his real emotions.

But Enya couldn't be fooled. From the way he held his hands, which she knew were shaking with suppressed anger, hidden in the folds of his red cloak, and the look in his narrowed eyes, she knew that he was furious. 

"No, Father, Lear needs to leave now. I... This isn't the moment for formal introductions, it's dinner time... and..." Enya stammered, her voice pleading as she stepped in front of Lear, wanting to shield him from her father. As if she could. She had no way of protecting him from the king's magic; the only thing she could do was to make him leave fast.

But the men ignored her. Lear grabbed her hand and led her towards her father, seizing the occasion he wasn't expecting to obtain so soon.

"I'm Lear, Your Majesty, the only son of the alpha of the Blue Moon pack, your daughter's mate. I would like to ask for Enya's hand in marria..."

"Do come in," the king repeated, not allowing Lear to finish his line, pretending not to see his outstretched hand as he turned away and preceded the young lovers through the arched door into the castle.