Invitation

Vivien's arrival to class was like a ray of sunshine breaking through the stormy clouds of Fyodor's worry.  Her absence had left a void in the classroom. 

 Fyo, worried for Vivi

Fyodor's thoughts danced like butterflies, flitting from one captivating image to another. He imagined himself and Vivien locked in a captivating conversation, their words intertwining like vines, and her laughter resonating like the sweetest melody. It was as if the world around him had faded into the background, leaving only the two of them in a universe of their own creation. 

Amidst his daydreams, Fyodor's childhood friend, Fema, emerged from the shadows of his imagination. Her voice, thin and delicate, pierced through the haze, reminding him of her presence. But her gaze, fixated on his face, felt like a suffocating fog, threatening to smother the connection he yearned for with Vivien.

''Fedya, we both did great on the test, I wanted to ask you, if you want to go to the party together, we can celebrate, you know.''

''I guess I will see her there anyway, I will come early with boys.''

 Fyodor and Fema

 Fyodor and Fema

As Fema suggested going to a party together to celebrate their exam success, Fyodor felt a wave of unease wash over him. It was as if Fema's words were a gust of wind that carried with it a storm of emotions. The aura surrounding her seemed to radiate a potent mix of anger and disappointment, leaving Fyodor questioning whether he was the cause of her turmoil. 

Angry Fema

Angry Fema

Finally, Vivien joined the class, her entrance like a shooting star streaking across the night sky. Fyodor's eyes widened in awe as he beheld her beauty. It was an awkward moment, their eyes meeting in a collision of curiosity and attraction. But Fyodor couldn't tear his gaze away, as if he was under a spell woven by her enchanting presence. His attention was then drawn to a large wound on Vivien's knee. In that moment, Fyodor's heart fluttered like a delicate butterfly, seeing her vulnerability as endearing rather than a flaw.

 In that moment, Fyodor's heart fluttered like a delicate butterfly, seeing her vulnerability as endearing rather than a flaw

 The class dragged on, the monotony of geopolitics in the region fading into a distant hum. His thoughts were consumed by Vivien, her image etched in his mind like a masterpiece painted by a passionate artist. When the bell finally rang, Fyodor couldn't contain his excitement. He leaped from his seat, determined to catch up with Vivien before she slipped away. A surge of anticipation coursed through his veins, creating a whirlwind of emotions in his stomach. This was it – the moment he had been waiting for. Summoning his courage, Fyodor approached Vivien with a confident smile. Her big blue eyes locked with his, and for a moment, time stood still. With a voice that betrayed his attempt at nonchalance, he spoke, his words carrying the weight of gratitude and admiration. 

"I wanted to thank you, Vivien. You really helped me on the test. You did me a huge favor."

''Oh, no problem.''

 Vivien's response was soft, her words like a gentle breeze on a summer day. Fyodor sensed her readiness to leave, but he couldn't bear the thought of losing this opportunity. Without hesitation, he pulled her into an embrace, the warmth of her body enveloping him like a comforting shower. She stood there, stunned, her surprise mirrored in her eyes. 

Fyo hugs Vivien

Fyo hugs Vivien

"You are the best," Fyodor murmured, his voice filled with a mix of gratitude and longing. "You know, I have troubles with chemistry too. Maybe, if you have time after school, you could help me study. My mom is a great cook, so we could also have lunch at my place..." 

''Oh, yeah...umm of course I have time.''

His words tumbled out, driven by the overwhelming desire to keep her close. But eventually, he managed to find the strength to stop talking, releasing her from the embrace. As he looked into her confused face, Fyodor couldn't help but feel a whirlwind of emotions within himself – excitement, nervousness, and, at last, the admission he had been avoiding... lovesick.